Walls to be plastered. Only multifinish or mesh too?

Members online

Hi,

Plasterer skimming the walls in the front room of our 1930s house.
Asked us to buy materials:
- Multifinish
- angle beads
- render mesh like in the photo attached

The video below shows the state of the wall. It mostly looks okay, with some crack lines and some parts where the plaster has come off as I removed a mirror that was stuck to the wall.

Do we need mesh? Or is multifinish and angle beads sufficient?

Attachments

• IMG_4014.jpeg
    IMG_4014.jpeg
    157.1 KB · Views: 63
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 64
If he asked you to buy the materials then that should have been a red flag. Looks piss thin tbh. Sack the c**t and start again . Look at google reviews before you hire the next one (y)

Hi,

- Multifinish
- angle beads

The video below shows the state of the wall. It mostly looks okay, with some crack lines and some parts where the plaster has come off as I removed a mirror that was stuck to the wall.

No professional tradesman should ask customers to buy materials.

Sack him before he starts and commits criminal damage on your property!

Hi,

- Multifinish
- angle beads

If in doubt then mesh it, but if really in doubt then hack it off and start again.

I know nowt about plastering and I've nearly finished renovating a 1910 redbrick house. i took it back to brick, used 50mm insulated boards dot n dab. i bought all my own materials, though my plastering dude was able to oder what he wanted on my account. My walls are beautiful, flat, straight and warm. sometimes you can buy your own stuff and get a good job x

I know nowt about plastering and I've nearly finished renovating a 1910 redbrick house. i took it back to brick, used 50mm insulated boards dot n dab. i bought all my own materials, though my plastering dude was able to oder what he wanted on my account. My walls are beautiful, flat, straight and warm. sometimes you can buy your own stuff and get a good job x
Did you dot and dab all the walls?