Wallcrete Training and start up costs

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydays

Hi

I am a newbie to his forum. I would like some advice from any of you guys regarding your experiences with Wallcrete. i have read through the existing posts and have found them quite positive given that most of you are old school hardcore established guys in the trade.

i would be looking at doing the training course which looks good value for the £60. However does a 1 day course cover everything you need or are there additional courses?
Is Pics the only company doing wallcrete ?

I come from a general building background and can do rough plastering/rendering (dot and dab master dare i say it on here)

Does wallcrete application require an indoor smooth finish or is a rough application of render OK

Do you have to buy all the aggregate from the likes of PICs or can you just use a sand and cement render and then adhere their colours and sealers afterwards.

Finally, what kind of set up costs are we looking at. I would like an initial choice of say 3 styles (mats?)and colours.

An idea if there any of you guys in Manchester who have done the course and who are willing to share experience and tools, we could club together giving our customers a wider range of styles and giving new wallcreters or plasterers breaking into the industry more chance to practice the art until they get established.

would welcome any honest, direct or even brutal feedback from you guys

cheers

Andy

The one day course covers everything you need to know obviously if your in the building/plastering game you are aware of most things, you hire the mats so there is no layout costs, there is plenty of backup from pics and also this place coz the guy who runs the courses is also a moderator on her (warrior). oh and wecome to the forum

Ping a chalk line 10mm down from top of render when rubbed up hold your straight edge to line then run your float at a 45 angle

Status
Not open for further replies.