Votes needed for Steph (The Pink Plasterer)

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Render Systems

Private Member
Hi
Steph AKA the Pink Plasterer The Pink Plasterer has been nominated for the women in business awards

Lets try and support her if you feel like it... shes a bloody good spread ( hahahah and no not been there just a nice hard working lass ) hahhaha im laughing as im typing... i should have said a bloody good plasterer

check her work out The Pink Plasterer its an old site as shes into twitter now but if you feel like helping heres the link

http://www.downtownliverpool.com/womeninbusiness/

Thanks for your time

i couldnt possibly vote for someone without having dealt with them on a proffesional basis purely for the fact they were in the same proffesion as me

Hi Bubbles,

Good start for me there, ill note that one down for my acceptance speach if I manage to win. Here goes:

1. I've worked my large derrière off for 19 years in the plastering game. Started out self employed 5 years ago and never looked back.

ive grown from just me to 6 others in my team working all over the North West.

i'd like to promote the industry on a regional stage and hopefully get some of the many who email me weekly looking for work a chance of getting into the game.

and last of all I'd like to be famous enough to persuade Gypsum to drop the price of the new unifinish and get sparkys to leave more than a 3 inch gap between architrave and light switches when chasing in!

Im obviously open to more constructive reasons but if you need some proof please check out my Fb page and twitter feed so you can see the great work, including restoration work we complete on a daily basis.
Are we not all in this game to support each other whilst enjoying ourselves and earning a decent wage? I know I am :))

The pink plasterer! Fair play to u and a nw company, i will defo be checking u out and ur 6 members of staff. Good luck and i will be tweeting and pokeing u on fb very soon. All the best lancey longstroke.

The pink plasterer, sounds like a seedy act at a Soho strip joint - anyone owning up??? :RpS_laugh:

It takes two secs to vote, someone in our industry. which we spend hours on here talkin about has been nominated for an award in our industry (plastering), why not vote? its difficult to run a sucessful plastering company at the minute (so you would be lead to believe if you read some of the stuff on here), but this lady is (hate the fact i had to point out your s*x) doing just that, the reason i pointed it out is the plastering game and most hands on trades/crafts have not really opened the door for women (which this thread shows). So for a women not only to open the door into this game, she has kicked the door down with what she has built up as a plastering business so i think as a forum of plasterers she should get our vote.............ps any chance of a place on that table ;)

Wow! Thank you flynnyman! I am astounded by your fantastic positive response!
ive worked exceptionally hard to reach this level (as do we all, its not exactly the easiest of jobs as you know) and feel a reward in this industry is something I never dreamt of. I didn't aspire to win awards when I set the business up, only to make it a success - this is an added bonus :)
id love to prove the majority of customers preconceptions wrong about plasterers sucking through teeth and playing up to stereotypical bravado but sometimes this site makes me thing we are all stuck in the 80s - you however have changed my opinion tonight!
Lets try and see this as a positive thing for our industry and capitalise on it rather than degrade it. I'm a spread first and foremost who maybe like most of you come home wishing I'd had more energy to get a bigger 3rd guage on or charged the right price for a job rather than undercutting slightly and missing a few beer tokens, secondly I'm a good mum and housewife and proud of it. If my gender means that the first statement is knocked by my fellow tradesmen then I'm sad for our industry.
Thanks again,
steph (soon to hopefully be award winning) Leese aka TPP x
ps: ill see if I can get a ticket from a tout round the corner ;)

but sometimes this site makes me thing we are all stuck in the 80s

Wtf,, stuck in the 80's :-0
Come on now PP :RpS_biggrin:
You obviously haven't been to the private members section of the forum. :rolleyes)

Well i suppose a vote won't hurt will it :RpS_biggrin:

Ps watch out for that Flynny :RpS_sneaky:

Wtf,, stuck in the 80's :-0
Come on now PP :RpS_biggrin:
You obviously haven't been to the private members section of the forum. :rolleyes)

Well i suppose a vote won't hurt will it :RpS_biggrin:

Ps watch out for that Flynny :RpS_sneaky:

and the claymonster............stay clear of the garden section .even if he says "pretty please"...................:RpS_wink:

and the claymonster............stay clear of the garden section .even if he says "pretty please"...................:RpS_wink:

I'm having trouble converting the Yen on these trowels Arti, keep adding naughts mmm:RpS_sneaky:

Good on yer PP you are probably better than some of these spreads :RpS_lol:

And the gardening section is cool
Votes needed for Steph (The Pink Plasterer)
come down...pretty please :RpS_wink:

i was tempted to give you a vote but after flynnys speech im not going to. just to piss him off. nothing against you love/darling/madam/miss

if i remember correctly Daniel you hardly run the risk of being underweight yourself my friend

so after ive voted theres another page for professional of the year who do i vote for there?

Status
Not open for further replies.