tyro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes mate do it all the time. The video i posted here shows a texture finish (tyrolean). The finish is often touched up by a hopper gun and compressor. You need a big compressor and the materials you use will give you different textures. Wet, dry more air less air.
There are products like the mineral render i use or u can use mono or even tyrolean (pricey)
The hopper is quicker than hand but a pain in the arse if you have restricted access because you cant maintain the same distance and angle from the wall

sprayit said:
Yes mate do it all the time. The video i posted here shows a texture finish (tyrolean). The finish is often touched up by a hopper gun and compressor. You need a big compressor and the materials you use will give you different textures. Wet, dry more air less air.
There are products like the mineral render i use or u can use mono or even tyrolean (pricey)
The hopper is quicker than hand but a pain in the arse if you have restricted access because you cant maintain the same distance and angle from the wall

thats it sprayit you know the cullamix tyro is 18 or more a bag - joke I always wanted to use a compressor because its the best way but we dont do that many tyro jobs so not worth the outlay.

anyhow I got one going at the mo ready for a spray but the areas with the flicker box is putting me off plus tricky soffit on a falling degrees means i need to get the gear up into the eves and not sure the box will do the job

any suggestions

travis perkins list price for cullamix tyrolene is 75.00 bag ??? ??? ???

got it down to 19.50 bag

I begrudge payin 18 for the sh1te. just pulled the flicker out the garage and guess what there are no prongs left on the wheel

Use monocouche instead of cullamix ie k rend weber whatever you can get ur hand on cheapest. The hopper gun can be used at angles because the hopper swivells. Marshalltown do a backpack one called the enforcer that looks pretty handy or maybe hire a small conveying pump and compressor for the day. The hopper gun is much faster than a flicker gun and the other options are faster again

trouble around here is no one stocks it ---only cheltenham travis

yea got one to do mon (if weather ok)

bought k rend instead of tyrolene ---

hate the stuff really!!! :( :(

sprayit said:
refina do hire. what are you looking to hire

only a small job this but I know for sure that the flickr box will strugglre to get the gear where we want from the scaff where as any spray equipment will do the job much easier so I just want anything up from the box really

the "knock down" finish is all over the states, all the hotels have the walls done internally like this i noticed. you can get nice similar broken surface results by splattering render with a pump and flattening gently - didnt realise they called it knock down that would translate to flat top round are way.

yeah same like a light pass tyro or a splatter of bagged when it picks up you flatten the just slightly taking the spikeyness off it but only merge blobs slightly

Status
Not open for further replies.