tip sizes for acrylic ritmo l

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

camnz

Hi I was interested to know what size spray tips guys are using to spray acrylic with a swing gun. I've just finished my 2nd house and looks pretty good better than the first one anyway.A bit thin in spots but other than that Im impressed, its easier than I first thought. I'm using the 8mm tip on speed 0 and wondered if I turn the speed up a bit will it spray more consistently or do I use a smaller tip?

Cheers cam

Haven't sprayed acrylic for a while but I'm sure we use the 5mm. Gives a better spray. What Ltr/min does ur compressor out put?

Keep it at speed 0 as you want maximum air:material ratio. If you want a finer finish try a smaller tip or have the material a little thinner. If you do enough of it get a 19mm hose as its alot less tiring to move about.

cheers guys not sure the compressor output I hire a petrol 15cfm comp and the acrylic im using doesn't get painted so im chasing a better finish. Today when I was puling the tape/plastic off I noticed a few shiny patches but only in side light and I can see the grains are further apart in those bits if I spray a light coat over them would I get an edge ? I thought of re spraying that wall
Im using an 18mm clear water hose havn't got a set of rondo hose's yet

This is what puts me off using the Ritmo for spraying acrylic. A lot of setting up and the weight of the pipes.

So you can use a 19mm pipe? I presume you need adopters at both ends but it will be a significant improvement on the weight you lug around.

I too am interested in what size tip as I have only used the eze24 and I cant remember what size tip I used?

I use a 18mm garden hose with geka couplings at each end most of the bits I need to connect to the ritmo are in the swing kit, ill be investing in hoses soon. Have to admit I wasn't convinced with spraying acrylic but after today I don't think ill be troweling it on again in a hurry.

I use a 18mm garden hose with geka couplings at each end most of the bits I need to connect to the ritmo are in the swing kit, ill be investing in hoses soon. Have to admit I wasn't convinced with spraying acrylic but after today I don't think ill be troweling it on again in a hurry.
Did you do two passes?

Hi all.

I am a plasterer of 15 odd years & am now looking into getting a machine. Mainly for rend, acrylic applications. There is so much info out there a lot that contradicts each other such as you can spray multi-finish you can't.
I am looking at the ritmo m from put in Wales. What's people's views & do any of you use this machine?. They are offering good deals on finance.
Your input/advice is welcome.

Cheers.

Hearin ya Bobby Ritmo all the way i got a VMeko 400 compressor and water pump off Les From PFT Northern end of last year spring acrylic flat chat now $$$

Hi all.

I am a plasterer of 15 odd years & am now looking into getting a machine. Mainly for rend, acrylic applications. There is so much info out there a lot that contradicts each other such as you can spray multi-finish you can't.
I am looking at the ritmo m from put in Wales. What's people's views & do any of you use this machine?. They are offering good deals on finance.
Your input/advice is welcome.

Cheers.
i spray multi through the ritmo and acrylic and most things that comes in a bag the LAC coat flies through it and it knocks it up for you lol

i spray multi through the ritmo and acrylic and most things that comes in a bag the LAC coat flies through it and it knocks it up for you lol

Do you have the Ritmo mix the lac up for you?

Have you ever put mineral texture through the Ritmo?

Yes the lac on speed 5 because I'm old and slow lol and the 1.5 stuff on 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes the lac on speed 5 because I'm old and slow lol and the 1.5 stuff on 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the lac was it with the ordinary gun or a texture gun? Being 4mm then 2mm I would have thought a texture gun 8mm for first pass 6mm second pass. The ordinary gun at a guess would put it on too thick?

With the lac was it with the ordinary gun or a texture gun? Being 4mm then 2mm I would have thought a texture gun 8mm for first pass 6mm second pass. The ordinary gun at a guess would put it on too thick?
thats why its on speed 5 i spray a ribbon and miss one kind of thing

Status
Not open for further replies.