Thistle Bond it

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Livewire

Hi all, i,m new to this site so i hope i can get some sound advice off you guys! I have just prepared a room for skimming and used thistle bond it on the walls, what i want to know is do you still pva the walls after the bond it has dried or do you just apply plaster to the dry bond it????? Hope someone can help. Thanks guys.

Livewire

you seem to have that effect on people uncle albert.................:RpS_thumbup:

I keep trying, but you're still here.........................

Im built of sterner stuff uncle Al...........or maybe just thick as pig s**t..........:RpS_thumbup:

walked right into that fewker didnt i............:RpS_lol:

Last edited:
You'll definately be seeing me again, my opinion is we are all hear for each others advice and to help each other out. After all we are all in the same trade and you can never learn enough! I'll post the result of my using bond it tomorrow, if the plaster is still on the walls!:)

Well the bond it went ok, only problem was there was no suction on the wall at all, took for ever to flatten in ready for second coat. Pity its so expensive eh!

You sound like a barrel of laughs mate!

oh i am :)

im skimming 2 walls over bond it tommorrow, ill let you know how it goes and we can compare notes :RpS_thumbup:

on a more helpful note, i think bondit is crap to skim over and expensive, only using it coz its my mates place and he picked it up. also dont like wba. i personally use microgobetis by parex, in my opinion best stuff you can use and works out at least as cheap as pva. blue grit is meant to be good too.

ah, hello fellow milton keynes man!! where abouts are you?

you cant in mk, only place local is encon in northampton. i used to go and get 5-6 tubs at a time to save constantly going up there

I found it a pain to skim over, especially as the walls i was skimming were like the surface of the moon :-0. I advised the customer to take the room back to brickwork and start with a blank canvas as it was an old victorian manor and the walls had blown in places, but hey its all about saving money they said hence the overskim. On the positive side, you can lay first coat on, go on holiday then come back to flatten it in, go on holiday again,and lay on the second coat. Let me know what you think of it matey.:RpS_thumbup:

I found it a pain to skim over, especially as the walls i was skimming were like the surface of the moon :-0. I advised the customer to take the room back to brickwork and start with a blank canvas as it was an old victorian manor and the walls had blown in places, but hey its all about saving money they said hence the overskim. On the positive side, you can lay first coat on, go on holiday then come back to flatten it in, go on holiday again,and lay on the second coat. Let me know what you think of it matey.:RpS_thumbup:

iv used it before mate, i think its better than pva, but ****. grits too bit and doesnt roll on evenly. thats why i lie to use micro. much better, and kills suction on everything, so you can use it over a multitude of backgrounds

used it for the first time the other week. dropped a bollock when i estimated the finish as i hadnt' taken into account how much gear it swallows up going over the blue grit................lesson learned for next time................:RpS_blushing:

Status
Not open for further replies.