THE VAN STARE

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vincey

Private Member
Always noticed this from the first day I started on me own till today.

Drive down road in your van and another van is coming towards you on the opposite side (all trades not just plastering vans) then as it gets closer ....

They check you out like they would a fit bird walking down the street ,first look at your number plate and the bonnet (the front view check) and a quick eye contact follows (it seems to linger for a second or two) a kind of sussing you out look .....then comes the side of the van look to see what trade you do for a living or if you are some jack of all trades crap (by this time you might get an eyebrow raised or a angry face) ....and then the final check to totally suss you out ....the rear end glance along with a quick check in there mirror (like when you can't help but look at another birds bum when you are with the mrs shopping)
All this happens within a couple of seconds ..,happens all time round here...like a unspoken rule check out the trade glance.
The van stare
Does it happen all over the country?

It's happening everywhere I think not so much in London tho I don't think as way too much work there so as competition but in heavy traffic difficult to glance over another van without running over a few people. It's just people trying to be aware who's working on their turf probably and cursing them if they in the same trade

Drive down road in your van and another van is coming towards you on the opposite side (all trades not just plastering vans) then as it gets closer ....

They check you out like they would a fit bird walking down the street ,first look at your number plate and the bonnet (the front view check) and a quick eye contact follows (it seems to linger for a second or two) a kind of sussing you out look .....then comes the side of the van look to see what trade you do for a living or if you are some jack of all trades crap (by this time you might get an eyebrow raised or a angry face) ....and then the final check to totally suss you out ....the rear end glance along with a quick check in there mirror (like when you can't help but look at another birds bum when you are with the mrs shopping)
All this happens within a couple of seconds ..,happens all time round here...like a unspoken rule check out the trade glance.
The van stare
Well Plasterman u must be a minger cause I get them looks and drive a 52 plate van either that or you look like John merrick[emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The van stare

True. I even go out of my way to stare straight forward now cause I can't be arsed with the stare like something out of a western.

I laugh to myself when that happens cos little do they know I'm wearing a thong like its a dirty secret,,,,,,oh er yeah thinking out loud again

True. I even go out of my way to stare straight forward now cause I can't be arsed with the stare like something out of a western.

If I see it's a plumbers van I do the same..or anyone I have had beef with before I do the nose up head tilt flick..and start whistling

image.jpeg
I used to walk round supermkts as a kid doing the narrow eyed cowboy stare ,people must of thought I was odd or in need of glasses. I did the opposite wide eyed stare in later years at various festys, free parties n clubs :sorprendido3:(y):reloco:

If any of you chaps drive a modded Vw transporter for work !
You will get some fellow owners giving you
The main beam
waving or the westside hand hahahahah

here's what you do the next time it happens.................just as your about to pass 1. flash your headlights at him 2. at the same time point towards his front grill or number plate 3....look in your drivers side mirror after you've passed and see his brake lights come on and he'll stop to inspect..........1 -0 to you ....................

I always STARE at men they don't need to be in a van either. I don't know what it is but I just like the look of men.

Status
Not open for further replies.