The Insulated Plasterboard Debate

Members online

Rustyh

Afternoon All,

I've done many a dot and dab board outs, but got a job that needs insulated plasterboard adding, and this will be the first time Ive had to use this stuff.

They want the internal side of the exterior walls insulated. Walls are double skin brick and full rendered on the outside. There is not evidence on the brick work of any water penetration.

The rooms are already quite small and I can understand that they don't really want a stud wall building infront of the walls and insulated like that.

I was thinking of dot and dab some K118 or PL4050 directly to the walls been as they seem dry (even after all the rain we have had). Obviously quite alot of mixed debate on right and wrong with this method both on this forum and on google, but just wondered how I should handle this job?

Afternoon All,

I've done many a dot and dab board outs, but got a job that needs insulated plasterboard adding, and this will be the first time Ive had to use this stuff.

They want the internal side of the exterior walls insulated. Walls are double skin brick and full rendered on the outside. There is not evidence on the brick work of any water penetration.

The rooms are already quite small and I can understand that they don't really want a stud wall building infront of the walls and insulated like that.

I was thinking of dot and dab some K118 or PL4050 directly to the walls been as they seem dry (even after all the rain we have had). Obviously quite alot of mixed debate on right and wrong with this method both on this forum and on google, but just wondered how I should handle this job?

Use Celotex Insulated plasterboards with integrated vapour barrier and fix with Instastick foam...we tend to secondary fix with a plastic mushroom fixing for the larger boards 72.5mm although technical say they are not required.

Don't use drywall adhesive or stainless fixings and try to direct fix to the wall unless there is a possibility of damp.

Last edited:
20230926_103841.png

Just got these to stick em to wall