The Heat

Status
Not open for further replies.

shapeshifter

I work in london and is funcking boiling!

Any one have a fan or some sort of colling unit that they put in the room they are working?

Does it affect the plaster at all any more than the heat?

Gotta a loft to do with know windoes at the weekend and its like an oven in there. Was sweating just standing in it. Not looking forward too it one bit.

kin ell... loft conversion in this heat.... wouldnt wanna be you matey.. :eek:
bad enough doing a small kitchen today.... thought i was honestly gonna lose it at one point...
been swapped over to travis pva lately (from jewsons high concentrate) so travis were gettin a mental slagging.. ;D
smaller quicker sets and more of em is my answer to it... im back on 3 little sets a day as opposed to 2 big uns...
and im eatin more... must be sweatin half a stone a day nearly.. im a skinny c**t as it is! :eek:

i prolly wouldnt be using a fan though mate... all its gonna do is set it off quicker cos all they do is move the already hot and dry air around the room so its gonna dry it... bit like leaving all the windows and doors open.... not a good idea... had me that way today, shut em and it was manageable if a little humid...

shapeshifter said:
I work in london and is funcking boiling!

Any one have a fan or some sort of colling unit that they put in the room they are working?

Does it affect the plaster at all any more than the heat?

Gotta a loft to do with know windoes at the weekend and its like an oven in there. Was sweating just standing in it. Not looking forward too it one bit.

dont use a fan whatever you do. like eddie says try and get it cool before you even go in there. good luck anyway...

Try and keep yourself cool by drinking lots of cold water. I take a coolbag to work with a couple of litres of ice cold water and some sarnies and sometimes a cornetto. 8)

casper, we all know it never gets much above freezing in scotland..... and it always fcukin rains..!

I'll have you know it's averaging 22 degrees and sunny up here. :eek: I'm walking around like a feargal sharkey ;D

if you can't keep it cool you're better off keeping the humidity up by keeping the doors and windows closed while you work. be cafeful not to have too many ice cold drinks, i got stomach cramps years back and a bricky told me it was cause i filled a thermos up with ice cubes and only drank that durin the day.

keep the doors and windows closed he says ::) ;D ;D Oh, and while you're at it....try holding your breath!! :D

you'd have to hold your breath if you worked with me, i love guiness and i stink!

Casper said:
Try and keep yourself cool by drinking lots of cold water. I take a coolbag to work with a couple of litres of ice cold water and some sarnies and sometimes a cornetto. 8)

Strawberry?

What a country this is. It's as hot as france and spain etc here just now and we are the only stupid cnuts who demand a smooth finish. The french and spanish just chuck the stuff on the wall, give it a quick once over then go for a kip!! F%ckin bonkers britain! :mad:

I've often wondered this too, is there a mobile air con unit you can carry around on jobs in this heat?
(not a fan a proper air con unit like a small de-humidifier size??, there's gotta be summat similar out there?)
I went into a shop with air con one summer & it was like a fridge in there 8) I thought this would be a nice temperature to work in indoors in this weather, then I walked out the shop & it was like an oven :eek:

I did a conservatory midday one July :eek: never again.

Nisus said:
I've often wondered this too, is there a mobile air con unit you can carry around on jobs in this heat?
(not a fan a proper air con unit like a small de-humidifier size??, there's gotta be summat similar out there?)
I went into a shop with air con one summer & it was like a fridge in there 8) I thought this would be a nice temperature to work in indoors in this weather, then I walked out the shop & it was like an oven :eek:

I did a conservatory midday one July :eek: never again.

yeah i think you can get ones where you fill it with water, dont know how good they are though

wickes have been sellin em for a couple of years... bout 300 nicker though.. :eek:
and i reckon theyre only good for a 3x2 box room....

Status
Not open for further replies.