The 2013 Xmas Pool Competition

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is too difficult. i had it all. was rated 117. had people watching me play. had the top rated players challenging me in the lobby. even beat a 300 something. but then i lost it all in the blink of an eye. now im back down to 17 :RpS_cursing: it's best to play when sober. if you start to lose a game or two walk away. take time out. the worse thing you can do is start knocking them about through frustration.

i've switched to the 2001 table in the settings. seems to make things clearer. i always take a look from the birds eye viewpoint before playing any shot. wear comfortable clothing as well. i just wear a dressing gown. if anyone has any good tips i'd be grateful :RpS_thumbup:

this is too difficult. i had it all. was rated 117. had people watching me play. had the top rated players challenging me in the lobby. even beat a 300 something. but then i lost it all in the blink of an eye. now im back down to 17 :RpS_cursing: it's best to play when sober. if you start to lose a game or two walk away. take time out. the worse thing you can do is start knocking them about through frustration.

i've switched to the 2001 table in the settings. seems to make things clearer. i always take a look from the birds eye viewpoint before playing any shot. wear comfortable clothing as well. i just wear a dressing gown. if anyone has any good tips i'd be grateful :RpS_thumbup:
@Jurek are you playing now marra?

Last edited by a moderator:

Haha mental you bud!

got it, now. it's all in the wrist :RpS_thumbup:

i now have the skills to pay the bills :cool:

Good for you, like you i went from 137 last night down over and the big guns watching etc but, then they realised i was just a lucky sheite and all left :RpS_unsure:

Share the knowledge Jedi master ! :RpS_unsure: Any tips?

just be yourself. stop beating yourself up with "i'm not good enough", "he's better than me", "they don't like me" etc. take a deep breath and pay attention to how you feel while you are having experiences. ask yourself "is this really me?" "who am i?" taste each meal like it's your very first time. savour the flavours. sip each baileys like it will be the last one you ever have ... be mindful of who you really are.

hope this helps :RpS_thumbup:

Get some dooks on - your rollocks are hanging loose :RpS_thumbdn:

just be yourself. stop beating yourself up with "i'm not good enough", "he's better than me", "they don't like me" etc. take a deep breath and pay attention to how you feel while you are having experiences. ask yourself "is this really me?" "who am i?" taste each meal like it's your very first time. savour the flavours. sip each baileys like it will be the last one you ever have ... be mindful of who you really are.

hope this helps :RpS_thumbup:

:RpS_lol: :RpS_lol: I will try and get in the zone!

Danny's just told me this thread has been read by over 200 members, and only 13 entries :-0

How many entries did you have last year? I'm really surprised at low turnout, it's a great prize and fun once you get your teeth into it :RpS_thumbsup:

We're up on last year, but the prizes are great this year - thanks to Speedskim, Plasterers1stopshop, Danny and PICSBOB :RpS_thumbup:
Better chance for us to win I s'pose marra :RpS_biggrin:

I was thinking of doing a darts one as well, plus a dom-ino one for the pensioners and maybe a pool league if there's enough interest :RpS_unsure:

I've got no chance of the speedskim, it's the tpf goodies that keep me going. Getting better with each frame, it's just having the time to practice. :RpS_thumbsup:

@bubbles65 is anyone else sponsoring the competition? And have you ask all the other forum sponsors??

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple more wins, slowly starting to get the nak. Has anyone seven balled (not in a Happy section way, I know a couple of lads there have been four balled but thats something else :RpS_unsure:)

like i said i tried it and was shite so i gave up my motto is if at first you dont succeed fck it off and try something else that you might be better at

so there's only thirteen entrants .... :RpS_confused: don't understand that. it's free and if you're in it you might win it :RpS_thumbup:

perhaps if the first prize was a ******** there might have been more interest .... :RpS_unsure:

there might only be seven or eight entrants, with certain members masquerading under several different identities

Status
Not open for further replies.