Thanks plasterers forum.

Wire

I posted on here a few months back asking for a few tips on how to krend my new extension, most advised against me 'having a go ' myself. well i've just scratched back my first attempt at rendering and i think it went ok. The one forum member that told me to just do it and gave me some good advice was a forum member called Jimbob, cheers mate.
I could not have completed the job satisfactorily without all the information gleaned from this forum, invaluable.

Attachments

• Thanks plasterers forum.
    14877796687471622487547.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 425
  • Thanks plasterers forum.
    1487779782995531307628.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 412
It's alright but I bet you can't put a rowntrees fruit pastel in your mouth without chewing it ;)

Looks good mate.
A he'll of a lot better than some so called pros round our way.
Did you do it all you self or did you drag someone in to mix up.
Hard graft on your own

Cheers reeves, me and my apprentice bricklayer did it, he' s an handy lad mind.
The low level roof has had the mortar joint raked out, lead will be placed in later. I've read on here you should never render over lead work.
I'm over the moon with the finish we've produced but it's hard work, ill stick to bricklaying....

I posted on here a few months back asking for a few tips on how to krend my new extension, most advised against me 'having a go ' myself. well i've just scratched back my first attempt at rendering and i think it went ok. The one forum member that told me to just do it and gave me some good advice was a forum member called Jimbob, cheers mate.
I could not have completed the job satisfactorily without all the information gleaned from this forum, invaluable.

That looks good... quite impressed

i hope jim bob got a cheque through the post.

Great so we helped a punter out do that they didn't need to employ a plasterer!!!

Yeeep thats the forum at its best!!!o_O

Great so we helped a punter out do that they didn't need to employ a plasterer!!!

How many you reckon could actually do it like that though. I reckon that's the exception not the rule.

Fair play I say

If we did not help he would have had a go anyway :D Dont think it makes a difference a Diyer is a diyer...

Win, win I'd say......he did the job so we didn't (that'll please @clemo)...
He made a fair fist of it and said thanks for the forums help....that's nice....
If he'd made a fuckup, we would of had a 12 page thread putting it right....we can't win em all...

I'll not mention how this chap got K Rend on the wall looking sharp on his first go yet some of the experienced guys here can't seem to make it work....

I agree @Jimbob9
Makes some of the so called "pros" look rather silly.

I've got a house near me that some "pros" did. It was a ewi job thin coat using jub I think it was on 1 sire and tried brick effect on the front. Wow that's a disgrace.

I've been trying to get some good pictures of it to show how bad it is.

Here's a couple and these make it look good!
Thanks plasterers forum. Thanks plasterers forum.

Thanks Jimbob. I finished scratching the front of the house yesterday and it looks just like the back. Do i need to spray it with the anti algae stuff and the waterproofer now it's all gone off or do i just leave it now. Cheers.

I agree @Jimbob9
Makes some of the so called "pros" look rather silly.

I've got a house near me that some "pros" did. It was a ewi job thin coat using jub I think it was on 1 sire and tried brick effect on the front. Wow that's a disgrace.

I've been trying to get some good pictures of it to show how bad it is.

Here's a couple and these make it look good!
View attachment 16463 View attachment 16464

I recognise that where is it?

Barnsley, thats on Wheatley Hall Road. We stopped to laugh at that in the van.
Yeah mate Haha small world!
Yeah I live at bottom of that s**t hole!
Can't complain though no mortgage got bigger plans!
It's a right state I walked down when the fellas were doing it and said do you know what your doing and do they need showing how to do it. Never used it like but couldn't be any worse.
They just told me to f**k off. So turned round laughing.

How bad is the attempt at brick effect on the front it's a right joke!!

@Jimbob9 I might have to swing by when your on a outside job nearby and I'm free as not done much with the mono stuff would be handy to get a look and brush up as I'm going to try do a bit more outside work this year.
I've been inside mainly for last 18months or so since my pal moved to Oz so ended up just on my jack and finding a decent labourer or a spreadable pair of hands is harder than it looks!

@Jimbob9 I might have to swing by when your on a outside job nearby and I'm free as not done much with the mono stuff would be handy to get a look and brush up as I'm going to try do a bit more outside work this year.
I've been inside mainly for last 18months or so since my pal moved to Oz so ended up just on my jack and finding a decent labourer or a spreadable pair of hands is harder than it looks!

Can you brick render mate? Spray base coats? Do you mind working away a bit? Might be something coming up in March, the firm we work for will be looking to set on in a large way they reckon.

I was in south wales a couple of weeks ago and County Durham next week.

Can you brick render mate? Spray base coats? Do you mind working away a bit? Might be something coming up in March, the firm we work for will be looking to set on in a large way they reckon.

I was in south wales a couple of weeks ago and County Durham next week.

Never done brick rend mate.
Sprayed lots of mp75 a few years back so know a bit about the machine side although I don't own one.

I'd have to see how the land lies over contracting as at the minute I'm fairly solid.

It was more a case of tagging along to brush the skills up a bit. Not a case of wanting paid work etc.