Tennis Elbow

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,

sorry not beeen around much, busting my balls at the min to get as much spending mopney as possible!!

Any how,

How do you lot cope with tennis elbow? I am in agony? I have started wearing my magnet again that eases the pain a bit and I am also popping ibuprofen but am a little allergic to them so gotta go easy.

Site work is killing me!!

Danny

i must be either lucky or not workin hard enough hahah i dont suffer it!! although ever now an then i get a shootin pain up my forearm from my wrist when im on the trowel

danny had it since october had the pills diclofen or somethin like that worked wonders but on an empty stomach bad creased up stomach just had the injection not cured but a lot better but had to argue to get it.

I went privite paid about £120 for the injection worked well but you have to rest it afterwards for a couple of weeks overwise your throwing your money away.

Get the jab Danny, hurts but it helped me. Napper the shooting pain sounds like (excuse spelling) tenosinuvitus, girders in are are in a tube and when it dries out it hurts like hell, Doc gave me ibruprofen but it took ages to shift. OOOOhhhhhhhhh the joys of being a spread

i dont get it luckily, ive got enough with my back! but my mate did, and had the injection (hurt but worked)... you prolly wont be skimming for a little while after though..
unless your ambidextrous..
give it a bash, you could be the ronnie o sullivan of the plastering world..
sorry.. owwwww... :-[

Also had one in the wrist but it failed was meant to have a operation on it , but i didn't fancy that so i bought a copper braclet with magnets in it........... dont laugh ....... the pain went within 2 days of wearing it and has never came back touch wood , i dont know what it does and i dont care it worked for me your wrist goes a bit green when you work up a sweat but im pass caring what i look like now anyway, no pain thats what matters i call it a plasterers wedding ring an old wifes tail or not £8 job done :D ;)

tell u wot lads..
u dont see this sort of thread on many other trade forums ill bet..
plastering ailments are more like sports injuries..
when was the last time anyone heard a joiner go... 'ooo me vibration white fingers playin up this mornin..'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's cause I'm like a finely tuned athlete with weak wrists and elbows

That must be rubbish Church, we are athletes who are on the edge and sometimes we go over the limit are bodies can stand. Weak wrist and elbows my word man you'll be telling us your a brickie really LOL

i'd love to see you two on a friday down the pub.. heston blumenthal and 'the stig' arguing about plastering over a few beers.. class..

And if look like your avatar you can suply the smokes , egg and bacon ice cream anyone ?

Hi Lads been watching this site for a while out of interest and never felt the need to join untill tonight.
TENNIS ELBOW is a serious condition and needs to be treated properly.I first suffered it in 1980 and had a cortiosone injection which lasted about 2 months and it came back i then whent to Australia and had another 2 over the course of 1 year all only lasted a short time not long after that i had surgery on it in the U.K. by one of the best about at the time have no problem at all with it now only ocasionaly a slight twinge.
To summarise you can only have 3 cortisiones injections in one area, after the injection your arm must be imobilised in a sling for 2 weeks for it to work properly.
The operation takes about 2 months to get over before you work again believe me ive been there.
Their are Tennis Elbow supports which work, the best ones are a strap around the wrist with a rigid section on the inside of the forearm to another strap below the elbow they seem a bit cumbersome but they work.
If we were working in a office on a keyboard it would be called Repetive Strain Injury and you could have a claim up unfortunately scabby old self employed plasterer dont get nothing.
Regards Andy

lucius said:
Hi Lads been watching this site for a while out of interest and never felt the need to join untill tonight.
TENNIS ELBOW is a serious condition and needs to be treated properly.I first suffered it in 1980 and had a cortiosone injection which lasted about 2 months and it came back i then whent to Australia and had another 2 over the course of 1 year all only lasted a short time not long after that i had surgery on it in the U.K. by one of the best about at the time have no problem at all with it now only ocasionaly a slight twinge.
To summarise you can only have 3 cortisiones injections in one area, after the injection your arm must be imobilised in a sling for 2 weeks for it to work properly.
The operation takes about 2 months to get over before you work again believe me ive been there.
Their are Tennis Elbow supports which work, the best ones are a strap around the wrist with a rigid section on the inside of the forearm to another strap below the elbow they seem a bit cumbersome but they work.
If we were working in a office on a keyboard it would be called Repetive Strain Injury and you could have a claim up unfortunately scabby old self employed plasterer dont get nothing.
Regards Andy
seriously, thanks mate, you obviouslt know your shite, post up0 man..

Thanks andy,

Gonna give the copper bracelet ago only have a few working days left before I am offsky.

the exercises are something worth trying

Dannny

Copper braceletes as far as ime concerned do work the magnetic ones work even better BUT ive found in my experience that after the first few weeks of wearing them your pain is reduced but not eradicated but their is still a level of discomfort which you live with.Some people become accustomed with with this lower level and then say the bracelets are crap, yeah well then take it of and see how you feel in a couple of days, hope this makes sense.As for Diclofenic (voltarol) it is a fantastic antinflamatory and pain killer but must be taken with caution, it can cause major stomach problems, i live in Spain and can buy it over the counter at any strength but any good chemist will advise taking a stomach protecting tablet before.
Andy

Yep the one I ordered has magnets in it too. I am a strong beleiver in magnets I have them on my van on the kit car fuel economy is the tits!!

I dont like taking pain killers, better the devil you know and all that.

Cheers

Danny

codeine/ parcetamol effervecent tablets ( co-codamol)..32 pack ..red packet from boots....it says "if you use this for more than 3 days consult a doctor"...so dont start getting all addicted and stuff..but .they really do work....im on 2 now and cant feel me hands lol

Stretchhhhhhhhh.
1)
Stand facing the wall. Arm at full stretch and bend wrist at 90 degrees facing up. Then turn wrist 90 degrees to the right. With other hand (or get wife to do this) take hold of the fingers (normally 3 leaving small one behind), and bend back towards your shoulder as mush as possible. Small amounts to start with, but increasing each day..

2) This take 2 people. With surgical tape get partner to get a good length. Hold arm out straight palm dowm. Take the fleshy muscle on top of your forearm and stick one end of tape to it, your partner then pulls this away from your torso, and wraps the tape right around your elbow in a clockwise (right hand) manner. In other words you are re-alighning the muscle towards your elbow. You may need to do this a second time with another length of tape making it a bit tighter, but don't cut off circleation. This wil help too, but I prefer No 1 as this has helped me. :)

There are good samples on you toob

Status
Not open for further replies.