stud finder

Members online

hail hail

Private Member
Anyone know of any decent stud finders or are they even good at all. I had one years ago but it was s**t and threw it in the bin because it wasnt finding studs. We took off a handrail then skimmed a double boarded wall and cant find the studs for installing the handrail/banister again! Fcuking ejit for not marking them on the ground first!

He said stud not dud pmsl
Jealousy such an ugly emotion :whistle:
IMG_6461.JPG

Anyone know of any decent stud finders or are they even good at all. I had one years ago but it was s**t and threw it in the bin because it wasnt finding studs. We took off a handrail then skimmed a double boarded wall and cant find the studs for installing the handrail/banister again! Fcuking ejit for not marking them on the ground first!
Omg thought when seen the title you meant the Stud finder Gordon users
:LOL:

Get your pad saw into the board right on top of the skirting. Cut along with the side of the blade touching the top of the skirting until you find a stud in both directions, mark them, put a smear of caulk into the slot. (y)

Get your pad saw into the board right on top of the skirting. Cut along with the side of the blade touching the top of the skirting until you find a stud in both directions, mark them, put a smear of caulk into the slot. (y)

I like that idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For just studs knocking with your hand you can usually hear where they are, once you've found your first your away!

I would just drill loads of holes until I find them and then fill the extra holes with easifill. It would save on the cost of a studfinder. In fact you could probably have done that in the time it takes to read this post.

What skirting. Read above, there is none!

For just studs knocking with your hand you can usually hear where they are, once you've found your first your away!

Youd think this would be the case but its double boarded and no chance of finding them. Tried it already!

I would just drill loads of holes until I find them and then fill the extra holes with easifill. It would save on the cost of a studfinder. In fact you could probably have done that in the time it takes to read this post.

Might just have to do this. Was the first thing i thought of but might just wait untill the client is out of the house first before i go drilling holes all over her wall lol.

Nice idea that

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nice idea that

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk