Spraying Blanc du litteral

Status
Not open for further replies.
We use shed loads of BL10 and never have a problem. Doesn't need much water tho. Let it pick up before you Darby but have to watch it because it can turn on you and it starts dragging. We don't use retarder but we have used Axel 3000 to speed up the initial set on colder days to keep same day scrape at the moment with no issues.

I leave it a tad to go before I edge it bit I find with this gear when you cut it the stuff goes really wet again like pi55. Were going on brick. Its pants compared to monorex. I noticed a couple of shrinkage cracks too. They were sorted on the scrape back but still I recon it needs tweeking this gear.

just a thought here brother entwistle. If you sprayed 2 passes but left the first pass set overnight. then bulk up the second pass with accellorator, the less volume of wet
material may set quicker

Or the night shift spray at 8pm in at 5 am and temps are dropping so that may help plus cover the sprayed elevation with a plastic sheet to keep the wind and air from setting it too quick and spray it lightly with water just after you spray

also a customer of mine swears by this but im a bit scared to try it is leave it overnight and before scraping soak it. he reckons some old bloke did it for him and he has never looked back

just a thought here brother entwistle. If you sprayed 2 passes but left the first pass set overnight. then bulk up the second pass with accellorator, the less volume of wet
material may set quicker

We have done.
Yesterday spraying a pass and putting all the mesh in then troweling over and put the comb across.
When we spray now each elevation will take 1nHalf hrs Max done before 9 and less mass overall to dry....

Roll on winter haha

My work being refurbishment is usually 5mm pre-rend then 10mm +2mm scrape. So the mono coat is 5mm thinner than site work and there is heat loss through the walls. Dark at say 4.30pm and light at 8am that is over 15 hours. Think I may need a retarder. On the plus side the pre rend is sometimes waterproof so no absorption.

Bit awkward Autumn. Winter we all know where we stand. Spray today scrape tomorrow.

Or the night shift spray at 8pm in at 5 am and temps are dropping so that may help plus cover the sprayed elevation with a plastic sheet to keep the wind and air from setting it too quick and spray it lightly with water just after you spray

We've done this with one of those garden misters, it works a treat, this was just standard monorex on new blockwork.

material may set quicker

I like this idea

I have always wondered if you could do you first pass with mesh getting it dead flat and then key,let it almost dry out then do your second pass and complete. Surely that would help with same day scrapes on colder days.

I like this idea

I have always wondered if you could do you first pass with mesh getting it dead flat and then key,let it almost dry out then do your second pass and complete. Surely that would help with same day scrapes on colder days.

Were doing it now.

Bad time of year for Parex. Its on in France o suppose bit not Lancashire.....

What's the deal with it being called mono blanco now? I thought they were two different products

What's the deal with it being called mono blanco now? I thought I they were two different products

They are different products, BDL is a heavy render and mono Blanco is semi lightened, same as the monorex range

Picks up much quicker than monorex, turns to piss on the wall when your ruling if you play with it.
Other than that nice to look at when the jobs done.

It's not for overnight this gear. Like wez said when you edge it the stuff knocks up again like pi55. Sprayed 48 bags today at 190 water.
Watch your Quant's too it don't cover like monorex its 29 kg for a metre at 15mm. So a whole bag

It's not for overnight this gear. Like wez said when you edge it the stuff knocks up again like pi55. Sprayed 48 bags today at 190 water.
Watch your Quant's too it don't cover like monorex its 29 kg for a metre at 15mm. So a whole bag
Cheers,always managed to steer clear of this gear up till now especially reading posts from previous years. Not really bothered about meterage on this one as the clients providing the mats.

Status
Not open for further replies.