1. Want to see how the new TPF works? Click here or you can drop me an email danny@plasterersforum.com
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Plasterers Forum has now made it even easier to share photos and videos than ever before Click Here To Learn How
    Dismiss Notice
  3. TPF is the biggest plastering community and resource on internet... we are still growing.... we are nearly 10 years old so we are here for a long time yet...
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Plasterers Forum is growing but we need your help to keep it growing.... Introduce yourself and say hello get involved... they dont bite :-)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Plasterers Forum is very busy!! ...25% up on last year!! Be a part of the biggest plastering community
    Dismiss Notice
  6. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
    Dismiss Notice

Speed skim

Discussion in 'General Discussions On Plastering' started by Davy sned, Apr 13, 2017.

1. CeeVee

CeeVee Well-Known Member

Hi Scott
    Nice to see you still speak to us little guys now you've made it big!!
    :birra:

• Like Like x 2
  2. BigK

BigK Private Member

I get mixed up with st & sf! Don't know which is which!!!
    Flatten twice with plastic (blue!)
    And finish with the metal one.
    Once it's on the only time I touch it is just to tidy the angles (once) just after first flatten

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. BigK

BigK Private Member

4. Speedskim

Speedskim Active Member

Ok cool! Glad you like the system! :)

Giving the Plasterer options we are launching another range called the PF.
    Having mastered the SF composite design (Ultra-Fine Stainless Tip), the New PF has Ultra-Fine ABS Tip for those that like to finish their work using plastic as the contact point rather than stainless steel, it will reduce harmful fatigue, and give you the finish you prefer!
    The ABS tips are 55mm x 1mm with 4mm radius ends, buffed and ready to go! :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Speedskim

Speedskim Active Member

Haha :) Still plugging away to be honest Craig...Optimistic though! :)

6. zolco

zolco Private Member

I love my speedskims, there great, but the pole attachment is just not working for me, keep sliding on the speedskim whatever i do to them, so I'm thinking whacking a few screw through it to keep it in place

• Like Like x 1
  7. Speedskim

Speedskim Active Member

Hi mate, the existing Pole Attachment is pretty robust but we have seen an opportunity to improve the design. The environment is harsh and demanding as you know, so using day in and day out does take its toll on these types of accessory.
    The New Pole Attachment is in the process of manufacture and will be available very soon. The objective of the new design is to offer more lateral support, and at the same time improve longevity. I'd hold off whacking screws in the aluminium!
    In fact, when the product is ready I'll send you a new one FOC for a spin! :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. zolco

zolco Private Member

Cheers Scott

9. skim_I

skim_I Active Member

YES a new speedskim tool coming out. Love them

• Like Like x 2
  10. Squarehead

Squarehead Well-Known Member

Duct taped it few months back and hasn't moved yet. I like moving the blade along though within the holder when up against the edge.

• Like Like x 1