speed skim on basecoats

Members online

S a plastering

Private Member
has anyone tried it over base coats I'm finding spatting still leaves quite a few lines soon skins over this weather so only really getting one or two shots at it was thinkin of a bigger speedskim to cover more area what you lads comfortable with

has anyone tried it over base coats I'm finding spatting still leaves quite a few lines soon skins over this weather so only really getting one or two shots at it was thinkin of a bigger speedskim to cover more area what you lads comfortable with

we finish the base coat with a sponge float.

Stick to the spat. Don't worry about the lines. Scrape them after the basecoat is set and you won't see them after the top coat. Speedskim is soft for that. You can end up with bumbs and that's visual after the top coat.

What spat are you using btw. I use refinas 0.7 and the best one I ever had so far
it's just a 600mm spat mate once spatted I've just been sponging out the lines then give it a mist of water then going over with an 18in s*p*r*lex gets it nice an flat

it's just a 600mm spat mate once spatted I've just been sponging out the lines then give it a mist of water then going over with an 18in s*p*r*lex gets it nice an flat
Wetherby is my favourite. It doesn't need sponge. You can finish the basecoat with spat only, nice and smooth for the top coat. Try just scraping over the lines next time. They are never deeper than 1.5 mm. You can thank me later;)