Some S&C

Members online

chaps would take the shuttering home and pour themselves a garden wall , or a shed ! these worked well.

All internals were dri lined on the sites I worked on and that was in 74.

it was the mid 60s before dry lined walls first appeared. BG started to offer courses to plasterers. sticking wooden dots on the wall then tapping the board back to the dots.

it was the mid 60s before dry lined walls first appeared. BG started to offer courses to plasterers. sticking wooden dots on the wall then tapping the board back to the dots.

I remember seeing black plastic squares laying about which no one used.

Yeh Malc .these were same dashed in Canterbury spa,did loads in Redditch for Wimpeys. I worked with an Irish dashing team from Brum,guy called Bernie Brennan...Good times

There were loads of built in Basingstoke for the workers at the atomic weapons research establishment. Tore them all down a few years back because of damp and some of them were starting to crack. They were bastards to live in cos you couldn't get screws in the walls to hang shelves etc!

These were same, full of damp. It's no wonder, gangs used to go in Saturday morning,start from bottom of gable wall ,work up with scratch coat when they got to top ,start dashing into scratch coat, if they were quick enough only bottom lift had two coats
Not saying we did that. ( as if )

My old boss threw the plastic squares on the floor and declared " you'll never f#cking see those c#nts again" during a meeting when Bryant homes ditched solid plaster for drylining. He wasn't invited to any more meetings!

I had a Brithish Gypsum dryling kit lying around my lockup for years. Black perforated little squares and double headed nails.

I got them for one of my first d&d jobs and the customer was really keen on bang flat and plumb walls. They worked well but too much faffing about.