Slurry coat

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMK

On a job next week where the boss said we'll be hacking walls back and banging a slurry coat on then plaster back.
Have never done this type of thing before...
Just wondering if anyone could talk me through what it is we'll be doing, at what thicknesses, drying times etc etc. Just so I can freak him out when we come to do it. ;-)
thank you

We call that a splatter coat up this its just a cement slurry harled onto the wall its mainly used to get a good bond

What's a slurry coat and what will be going on top of it to a finish?
Lehman's terms please... And no mockery please.
Ta fellas!

mix a bag of hardwall and add a 5 litre tub of waterproofer then dash away with a harling trowel ...........cover up roof tiles and floors ;)

spunky said:
mix a bag of hardwall and add a 5 litre tub of waterproofer then dash away with a harling trowel ...........cover up roof tiles and floors ;)
is this a p1ss take lol

It's an old solid stone farmhouse as far as know.
I think sections of it are back to earth or atleast below exterior ground level.
As I say I am inexperienced when it comes to rendering, and have never tanked using s&c.
Any pointers about how to do any of the above would be greatfully received

ta

SBR sand & cement slurry coat, backing coat normaly s&c then gypsum plaster finish. If its big areas you can use a Tyrolean gun for slurry coat
Lucius

Nice one lucius!

What ratios mate?? I know to go progressively weaker coat-by-coat, but have never put gypsum over s&c before. how long would you leave it inbetween stages?? slurry-s&c-skim?

Am i right in thinking you're using the sbr as an admixture in the slurry coat?

thanks again
;)

RMK said:
Nice one lucius!

What ratios mate?? I know to go progressively weaker coat-by-coat, but have never put gypsum over s&c before. how long would you leave it inbetween stages?? slurry-s&c-skim?

Am i right in thinking you're using the sbr as an admixture in the slurry coat?

thanks again
;)
i mix it at 3 to 1 give it 24 hours before render same to skim the longer u leave the render before skim the harder it will be to skim

Status
Not open for further replies.