Skimming on Fireboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcsouthagate

Got a job where the customer decided to board up using 15mm fireboards (the smooth grey type) and i'm not totally sure if i need to pva and then thistlebond these or just to treat them like a standard plaster board. Done a bit of a search on here but seem to find various reply's.

Cheers
Marc

ive done one or two and i just skimmed straight over not had any call backs it takes forever to go off though so you may want to take the dandy or beano to read while y waiting

Got a job where the customer decided to board up using 15mm fireboards (the smooth grey type) and i'm not totally sure if i need to pva and then thistlebond these or just to treat them like a standard plaster board. Done a bit of a search on here but seem to find various reply's.

Cheers
Marc

Must have cost the guy a bomb, why did he use fireboard out of interest?

They had a load lying round his work he tells me which seems legit enough. Boss said he could have them as they would end up in a skip...

Which make of fire board is grey as I've only come across pink?

I thought this as well Andy..

Don't know whether they are but the ones I've been using this week are 15mm grey/white and have fibre running through same as fireline

I'm using The Plasterers Forum Mobile App

I know which boards you mean ... did a partition in a factory in this stuff . 8x4 sheets ... heavy enough with 2 of you .... used 40 of em in total on that job ... didn't want it skimming though or i'd of been asking does it need priming lol

Quick update on the fireboard situation. Tried a couple of trowels of multi on the board today and can safely say it's not to be skimmed onto without being primed! It dried the skim out in less than a min. I then tried 2 coats of pva as it dried the 1st out in no time.. to which the skim still dried out at a fast pace. Plan c is now in action, been to tp's and got a tub of thistle bond which i've applied so fingers crossed tomorrow morning it will be good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.