site v domestic work

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been on Liver demolishing for about 2 weeks, it involves Lager, Cider and lots of vodka. The vodka is going down particularly well tonight :RpS_thumbsup:

Cant say doing domestics now 10 yrs now love it you get to know your customers as I said in another post word o mouth

Cant say doing domestics now 10 yrs now love it you get to know your customers as I said in another post word o mouth

me and my mate had it good for 12 years but he ****** off so I started site work.now my weekend work price goes up,£180/200 a day and I get it :EEK

Always preferred site work..... I dont like or need private/domestics, but if I do one I earn big money out of them, cause I charge like a wounded bull.

I don't do site work at all. had a stint not long after I served my time and hated it . just do domestic work and a few commercial jobs as well
I don't earn as much as Beddy tho :RpS_biggrin::RpS_thumbup:

Right if its a price war your after @beddy, ill do it for......... nowt and ill supply. :flapper:

Last edited by a moderator:
Domestic -

pros
paid on time
good rates
meet some friendly people
organise yourself/finish when you like
answer to no-one
Local work
most jobs differ
no h/s
cons
cleaning up
meet some horrible people
pricing up at night and weekend
messing about with quotes
doing your own books/accounts

Site -

pros
fast paced work
less cleaning
good crack if you on with decent lads
cons
h/s
extremely poor rates
waiting to be paid
not getting paid
arguing with other spreads/gangs over areas
arguing with site formen and contractors about rates and h/s
travel time
travel cost
very hard on the body
cold and wet in winter
Pen pushers telling you how to do your job

I personally stay on the domestic work now, I have done a mixture off all site and domestic over 10 years, I find domestic more rewarding, better paying and less hassle.

it comes down to money mainly, the rates are abysmal, absolutely shocking around here and I feel sorry for the lads (lots around here) that try and tackle the site that pay £1.80pm2, it's Fukin daylight robbery that.

all the best for new year lads,

MAC

Status
Not open for further replies.