Silicone render/acrylic/k-rend etc

Members online

Raazza

Good afternoon.

Ive just left left the Navy after 5 years. Im 30 and had my own plastering firm beforehand. Just me and two lads.

As i came to the end of my first stint i started doing the silicon render that i learnt over in australia. Now im back on the trowel and just took on a young lad. I feel slightly out of my depth with all the new products out there.

A customer has asked me to render the front of the house one ive finsihed plastering inside and im in two minds whether to go with traditional sand cement or the silicon stuff.

If its just brick can i base coat,mesh,primber and probably 1.5mm finish or do i have to use insulating boards first?

Any good tutorial videos for the new external products?

Apologies for the essay. Thanks for reading!

Yes maye you can base direct to brick.

i would say look at what manufacturer you will use and apply accordingly.
10mm base with mesh then silicone topcoat

Good afternoon.

Ive just left left the Navy after 5 years. Im 30 and had my own plastering firm beforehand. Just me and two lads.

As i came to the end of my first stint i started doing the silicon render that i learnt over in australia. Now im back on the trowel and just took on a young lad. I feel slightly out of my depth with all the new products out there.

A customer has asked me to render the front of the house one ive finsihed plastering inside and im in two minds whether to go with traditional sand cement or the silicon stuff.

If its just brick can i base coat,mesh,primber and probably 1.5mm finish or do i have to use insulating boards first?

Any good tutorial videos for the new external products?

Apologies for the essay. Thanks for reading!

To be fair though your first silicone job shouldn't really be on someone's house!

Quite easy to took up the silicone top coat if not used to it over a big area!

To be fair though your first silicone job shouldn't really be on someone's house!

Quite easy to took up the silicone top coat if not used to it over a big area!

Might have been misleading with how i said it. Ive done plenty of them, always been over boards though.

Might have been misleading with how i said it. Ive done plenty of them, always been over boards though.

Ahhh fair play mate...I've done them a few times direct over block and brick

Main thing I find is to dub out over any deeper Areas first though ie if its a hack off etc