Should I use plaster of paris or lightweight mud to level a ceiling?

monkeybreath

This ceiling suffered a water damage from a leaky roof that has now been fixed. However it caused the drywall to expand. I actually alreayd applied mud after sanding down the surface (gloss), but I am worried I did something wrong. Is this actually a better application for plaster or does it not matter? I used lightweight mud thinking it would hold up longer but I didn't use any kind of meshing, its just sticking to the ceiling.

20231209_013541381.jpg

Attachments

• 20231209_013547213.jpg
    20231209_013547213.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 39
This ceiling suffered a water damage from a leaky roof that has now been fixed. However it caused the drywall to expand. I actually alreayd applied mud after sanding down the surface (gloss), but I am worried I did something wrong. Is this actually a better application for plaster or does it not matter? I used lightweight mud thinking it would hold up longer but I didn't use any kind of meshing, its just sticking to the ceiling.

View attachment 76588
Are you in the US?

The remedy won't be the same as UK

View attachment 76588
Yank GIF