Sbr inside

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdj

Hi guys , just a quick question , is there any does and don'ts with sbr internally ? I always lash it on and apply the sand and cement when tack , or if I'm skimming usually wait until it's sucked in ? We always use sbr inside instead of pva because saves time waiting for it to pull in and saves time mixing it etc? We did a job last year that had cracked which we redone and it's cracked again. Were sure it's movement but the engineer said the sbr is reactin and making it blow and that we aren't catching it right .We used it to rough over the brick then we used it on the sand and cement to do the screed coat ? We think the cracks are down to movement and the council are just looking for someone to blame quick and easy fix to blame plasterers? Any help be much appreciated

Priced up 3 houses for the Council , for mono ,owner told me the house had been sprayed with a water repellent on the first one ,so we pulled off and recommend ewi :RpS_cursing:

Last edited:
when sbr is dry wat key do's your skim have? when using pva and skim you wait until tacky and you get a chemical key when sbr as dried you have killed suction but what key is there for skim to hold onto , not knocking you or saying its wrong but its not designed for what you are using it for . even when using it for s+c it needs to be tacky

We are floating with sand and cement over sbr that's tacky on top of brickwork, is it really needed ?

Priced up 3 houses for the Council , for mono ,owner told me the house had been sprayed with a water repellent on the first one ,so we pulled him off and recommend ewi :RpS_cursing:

:RpS_thumbsup: You've changed since i let you in the G** section @keithuk

Last edited by a moderator:
So guys would you recommend using pva inside before skimming over old paint and old skim and old artex ? And just sticking to sbr outside ? Sbr is so easy inside tho , just roller on and away to go I was thinking !

So guys would you recommend using pva inside before skimming over old paint and old skim and old artex ? And just sticking to sbr outside ? Sbr is so easy inside tho , just roller on and away to go I was thinking !
to be honest how long do's it take to mix pva with water ? with pva even if its dried a bit too much it re-emulsifies with been wet from skim

Status
Not open for further replies.