Sbr inside

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tdj

Hi guys , this is a strange one and any help or advice would be much appreciated . Me and my mate roughed and skimmed inside a council property last year sometime after it had been underpinned and treated for damp. . A couple of months ago we had to go back to hack off and re do some of the walls as they had blown or cracked .now these weren't ordinary cracks , some were quite big and the woman even said one or two had pulled the wallpaper apart because she was watching t.v at the time and heard it.now we have to go back again next week to re do another wall. There's also ceiling upstairs and walls that have cracked that we didn't even plaster . The engineer has been out and hacked a bit off, his verdict was that we used too much sbr and then he said that we weren't timing it right then he said it was reacting or something . Now we always do things this way and never had another call back before . We were thinking that the engineer just looking for some one easy to blame and to keep the woman quiet to just repair the walls instead of digging deeper ? Doesn't every one use sbr inside ? I prefer it to pva as it pulls in quicker and ready mixed ? Is there any does and donts with sbr inside ? Thanks guys for any help

If anything goes wrong its all ways the spreads fault , people basically lie to get there self out of the shite , Damp work is all bollox anyway . You know this a movement issue as we all do but your the little guy at the bottom of the money chain , just try to get use to it , best of luck .

If the crack is big enough to make a tear in the paper then there is a big movement issue. It's the people who did the underpinning that need the callback.

Think the big cracks are down to movement mate, tell the engineer hes talking out his arse...

you could try meshing the cracks, but thats about it, its a building movement problem, not yours...

definitely sounds like like movement in the property , every thing the engineer said sounds like buulshit to me,,

ask the engineer to can he please put it in writing that it's your fault and sign it :RpS_thumbup: he wont. and if he doesnt tell them to **** off

Status
Not open for further replies.