room 3m wide but tapered edge boards only tapered up the long edge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rolysatch

hi

complete novice but i think i can handle dry lining a ceiling. the problem i have is that the ceiling size is 3.6mx3m but i notice that tapered edge boards have the taper edge only up the long sides, not the short sides. how do i joint the boards when one side of the joint is tapered edge and the other is square edge?

any advice appreciated, thanks in advance

hi

complete novice but i think i can handle dry lining a ceiling. the problem i have is that the ceiling size is 3.6mx3m but i notice that tapered edge boards have the taper edge only up the long sides, not the short sides. how do i joint the boards when one side of the joint is tapered edge and the other is square edge?

any advice appreciated, thanks in advance

Get someone to skim it mate :RpS_thumbup:
If your taping it give it a few coats on the ends of the boards each one wider than the last
to try to feather it out, but it will always be proud of the board.

As nissus says above, use joint filler to fill out all tapered edges and a thin coat over non tapered edge. The edge your worrying about i would just put more filler on the tapered edge and feather off over the non tapered. If your a novice i would let this dry completely and give it a sand before starting second coat. Using joint cement go over all tapes bringing it out an inch further on either side of the joint filler. Again let this dry and give it a little sand down before third coat. Using joint cement go over all joins again going out another inch on either side. Each coat should be feathered off so you have no ridges as these are a nightmare to sand down. Normally you would'nd sand between coats but if your not experienced it does help. And don't forget fibre tape!!!

buy longer boards then you will only have tapered joints to fill ,,you can get 3m boards or even 3.6 m boards

Status
Not open for further replies.