Rerendering a cracked wall

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1976

Have a job to do for a mate he gettting his dashed wall raised up 2 blocks and wants the whole wall rubbed up smooth, now the dash is chipped off back to the blockwork , there are some cracks on the wall , i was hoping just to eml cracks then coat as normal, is there anything else i can do to stop cracks apprearing again?

Paper and mesh the cracks if they are movement cracks or just mesh them if they are impact cracks.

theres that helical bar stuff you rake out the joints and bed it in.. supposed to stop it going any further..

alkali resisatant mesh , mesh the whole wall you shoild be able to get the ,mesh from a good plaster supplier (or anywhere that sells monocouche renders) if not lord and downing sell it by the roll and there's is good gear as its easier to press into the material, it doesnt take that much longer to do it either just press it lightly into your scratch coat

Was looking at that helical crack repair stuff 100 quid bit dear that , wonder if you just used exterior filler then mesh

steve1976 said:
Was looking at that helical crack repair stuff 100 quid bit dear that , wonder if you just used exterior filler then mesh
not surprising.. tbh i think its designed more for older buildings suffering from slight subsidence (cracking across the joints with the joints getting wider and wider)
sppose it depends on the cause of the cracking..

Monkey i used that alkia mesh just bout 2 weeks ago for an inside of a garage conversion , good stuff and easy to use seem to remember he couldnt get it anywhere near hand he had to travel to dublin bout 200 hundred mile for me. i know this guy wont want to get this cause of hassle. he knows there will be chance of cracking again just with eml on , maybe try chat him into dashing it again maybe wont be able to notice cracks as much . cheers lads

steve1976 said:
Monkey i used that alkia mesh just bout 2 weeks ago for an inside of a garage conversion , good stuff and easy to use seem to remember he couldnt get it anywhere near hand he had to travel to dublin bout 200 hundred mile for me. i know this guy wont want to get this cause of hassle. he knows there will be chance of cracking again just with eml on , maybe try chat him into dashing it again maybe wont be able to notice cracks as much . cheers lads
Theres a firm in Kidderminster called Wimeco and they sell alkali mesh. 4mm holes 1m x50m is around £35 and the same with 6mm holes comes in at £62

Pug said:
why the increase in price for an extra 2mm?
Cudnt tell ya mate, Ive been lookin 4 a supplier to use it with the flexcement and a fella foned me up last week with the prices. It must be stronger or summat.

heafy said:
Pug said:
why the increase in price for an extra 2mm?
Cudnt tell ya mate, Ive been lookin 4 a supplier to use it with the flexcement and a fella foned me up last week with the prices. It must be stronger or summat.

i think the diameter of the holes is something to do with the aggregate coming through

Status
Not open for further replies.