Renovating old miners house, very poorly built

Minershouse

Hi, I have bought a terraced 2 bed miners house purely because I could afford it and it has a decent sized garden. Totally bought with heart not head! Poor thing which was poorly constructed has had no love over its 100 years and it's going to cost more than it will ever be worth to get it right but I am determined to make it a home.

Hi, I have bought a terraced 2 bed miners house purely because I could afford it and it has a decent sized garden. Totally bought with heart not head! Poor thing which was poorly constructed has had no love over its 100 years and it's going to cost more than it will ever be worth to get it right but I am determined to make it a home.
Thanks for letting us know.

I’m in the process of buying a 140yr old, 2 bedroomed end of terrace house that only needs a new bathroom, flooring and decorating. If this was a game of top trumps, would I win?

Everyone loves a trier. Just keep your head together and subscribe to the CHD. Not only will you save money the instance you part with yours, you’ll be part of a friendly ‘can do’ community who will be there 24/7 to guide you with expert cutting edge advice.

Everyone loves a trier. Just keep your head together and subscribe to the CHD. Not only will you save money the instance you part with yours, you’ll be part of a friendly ‘can do’ community who will be there 24/7 to guide you with expert cutting edge advice.
Now that really would be "getting shafted" . How do you sleep at night mate ? Bloody disgrace, so it is ! :confused:

Sounds like you’ve been shafted
Miners. Shafted.
Cracking Up Lol GIF

ha ha very funny

Last edited:
OK everyone, now you've got the jokes and spelling tests out of the way, can you tell me why none of the plasterers in my locality, the North East, will talk to me about lime plaster and render.
Bring on the northern and geordie jokes then somebody tell me is this really only for posh old houses in the south or would a falling down old terrace originally built with lime need it again.

OK everyone, now you've got the jokes and spelling tests out of the way, can you tell me why none of the plasterers in my locality, the North East, will talk to me about lime plaster and render.
Bring on the northern and geordie jokes then somebody tell me is this really only for posh old houses in the south or would a falling down old terrace originally built with lime need it again.
because they don’t do lime.

Nice to be a purist, but do yourself a favour and insulate the walls.