Rendering upside down?

JB Milton

Hey guys I’m new to this forum been learning alot for all the posts, its good to have a place of such resource.

I’ve recently started a job for someone I’m subcontracting for, they have a damp proofing issue in one of the rooms and want me to use sika in sand and cement to sort it out the only problem is they want me to sika the top part of the window reveal, there pretty wide reveals and there pretty mashed up and uneven. i was considering adding febmix into the equation because it sticks to things like peanut butter. I was also considering putting some expanding metal on the upside down bit but don’t know if the render will fall straight through it. was just wondering if anyone has ran into something similar like this and how they dealt with it, it would be greatly appreciated to have some feedback and some knowledge passed over, cheers everyone.

Hey guys I’m new to this forum been learning alot for all the posts, its good to have a place of such resource.

I’ve recently started a job for someone I’m subcontracting for, they have a damp proofing issue in one of the rooms and want me to use sika in sand and cement to sort it out the only problem is they want me to sika the top part of the window reveal, there pretty wide reveals and there pretty mashed up and uneven. i was considering adding febmix into the equation because it sticks to things like peanut butter. I was also considering putting some expanding metal on the upside down bit but don’t know if the render will fall straight through it. was just wondering if anyone has ran into something similar like this and how they dealt with it, it would be greatly appreciated to have some feedback and some knowledge passed over, cheers everyone.

put on an even scratch coat first.
mix it heavy and have some patience with it.

If , at first you don't succeed , try, try, try again.......Mary Poppins.....so you know it's right.
Hope that is of some help.

Welcome :D