Rendering over render

Members online

Ashleywhite172

Hi guy, I’m hoping to get a bit of advice about rendering over some old render. It’s my house so no sarky comments haha. Side of the house came off easy took 20mins to pull it all off. As shown in photo the wall has now been rendagripped. Unfortunately the front of the house is a different story. Render is a real dark grey colour and is only around 10mm thick, one coat. It’s impossible to chip it off as it brings the bricks off with it! It had three layers of paint on also. I have scored the render with my grinder and wire brushed as much paint off as I could. Any suggestions for what to add to it before sand and cement render? Should I sbr slurry it or rendagrip it? Was thinking of still doing two coats.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 102
  • IMG_6311.jpeg
    IMG_6311.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 83
  • IMG_6312.jpeg
    IMG_6312.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6313.jpeg
    IMG_6313.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6314.jpeg
    IMG_6314.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_6309.jpeg
    IMG_6309.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 103
Hi guy, I’m hoping to get a bit of advice about rendering over some old render. It’s my house so no sarky comments haha. Side of the house came off easy took 20mins to pull it all off. As shown in photo the wall has now been rendagripped. Unfortunately the front of the house is a different story. Render is a real dark grey colour and is only around 10mm thick, one coat. It’s impossible to chip it off as it brings the bricks off with it! It had three layers of paint on also. I have scored the render with my grinder and wire brushed as much paint off as I could. Any suggestions for what to add to it before sand and cement render? Should I sbr slurry it or rendagrip it? Was thinking of still doing two coats.
Yes webers rendaid I would use 1st and full mesh it

A decent breaker /chisels & little more time
I’d have that render off / .

Rest needs loads of work ,beads need to come off ,@ .you need a stone door cill to finish to doorway , that’ is gash finish ..
windows should of had 180 cill /you’ve or lost that cill almost once rendered …

IMG_4152.jpeg
IMG_4150.jpeg
IMG_4149.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4153.jpeg
    IMG_4153.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4151.jpeg
    IMG_4151.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 59
Door will have an extra step added later. Bead will be cut off to suit the step. Gas meter will come away from the wall 20mm to accommodate the new render. 180 cill would look s**t. Thanks for your input.