Rendering on Detached Bungalow - South Wales

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.

leewallbank

Hi All, I'm looking for prices to have my detached bungalow rendered in the summer (around July/August). I'll remove all old pebble dash/render and I'm looking for someone to then re-render, looking at k-rend or the like (whatever you prefer to use, but would like to avoid standard sand/cement).

Total area is around 110 m2, or the area without doors/glazing is around 86 m2 (not sure which way you prefer to measure).

Only one gable end will need rendering to the top (the rear is having glazing fitted to the upper half) and I can supply scaffolding if needed. I can also email the plans or pictures to show you the layout if that helps (can't upload them on here as the files are too big).

I'm looking at replacing the soffit's and fascia's as they look awful, shall I get this done before rendering or afterwards??

My email address is leewallbank@me.com

My home address is 23 Higlands Crescent, Beaufort, NP23 5RQ

Many Thanks,

Lee

Hi All, I'm looking for prices to have my detached bungalow rendered in the summer (around July/August). I'll remove all old pebble dash/render and I'm looking for someone to then re-render, looking at k-rend or the like (whatever you prefer to use, but would like to avoid standard sand/cement).

Total area is around 110 m2, or the area without doors/glazing is around 86 m2 (not sure which way you prefer to measure).

Only one gable end will need rendering to the top (the rear is having glazing fitted to the upper half) and I can supply scaffolding if needed. I can also email the plans or pictures to show you the layout if that helps (can't upload them on here as the files are too big).

I'm looking at replacing the soffit's and fascia's as they look awful, shall I get this done before rendering or afterwards??

Many Thanks,

Lee
that Ebba Vale

Many Thanks,

Lee

Soffits and fascias after while the scaff is still up..

would be a good idea removing the soffits and barge board if you are planning on replacing soon after the rendering, I'm sure whoever does the rendering will advise you which is the best route

Last edited:
Soffits and fascias after while the scaff is still up..

would be a good idea removing the soffits and barge board if you are planning on replacing soon after the rendering, I'm sure whoever does the rendering will advise you which is the best route

was thinking that but read a post on another forum a few weeks ago that said to replace them before rendering. Thanks for the reply.

was thinking that but read a post on another forum a few weeks ago that said to replace them before rendering. Thanks for the reply.

I would do them after.. I mean they will seal from the soffit to the wall so what you gonna do when you need to render up to it? It will look crap IMO, see what the spread saying when they come to have a look..

Put your soffet & facica up before the rendering that way the render will cover up any hollows and uneveness in the brick work.

If you put the soffet & facica up after and the render is even a little bit out you will have to cut them in to fit the render.

@leewallbank Hi pal, im also intrested and always do a lovely job. I can provide addresses, pictuers or reviews from previous customers on similar finishes, Let a few spreads tender u for a estimate and i will be willing to complete the work for the genuine lowest qoute. No silly prices tho.
Kind regards lance.
Contact via email lst1@talktalk.net or 07881633683

Last edited by a moderator:
i'd be happy to take a look at the job Lee, i live about 25 mins down the heads of the valleys from you. do you know my mate gus, he owns the castle in the rassau?

i'd be happy to take a look at the job Lee, i live about 25 mins down the heads of the valleys from you. do you know my mate gus, he owns the castle in the rassau?

Hi mate, I don't know him - the mrs sister worked there a few years back but that's about it! Where do you live? When could you have a look? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.