Rendering a fish pond

Ian c

Hi all. I have just joined your forum I would like some help with a project at home so.here goes!

Raised brick built fishpond about 18" high. And approx 20 metres round.
I was going to sand and cement outside wall but as I want grey colour have been told that powder dyes do not always give a uniform finish.

I'm now looking at monouche renders
In terms of economy would I be better to base coat in sand and cement and top coat with monocoque to get the colour?
Would this work?
Would they bond together?
Now being as sparky and knowing that there is bit of an art to this plastering lark !
is there any one out there who lives in the Aldershot/ Farnborough areas who would be willing to give me a quote on the job ?????
Cheers. Ian

I tanked my dads using the soverign hey di system. Still spot on and no dead fish (y) at least 6 year ago maybe more??

I'm sure sika 1 system is alright to use for drinking water tanks. Should be fine for fish pond. I would guess all renders will eventually turn green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

we have recently rendered the risers on a flight of steps leading up to a patio. rendered in sand and cement, left to cure, primed , left to cure again, finished in a bucket coat, 1.5 to give a scratched finish. in a grey colour called granite.

No matter what you use on the external side because you won't have a dpc it will get damp and discolour quite quick.
I'd be tempted to build the external out of a nice stone or brick. You could tank the external as well but that won't stop the moisture creeping up through the render if you don't put a bellcast in about 6inchs higher than the ground level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i restored a pre 1920s pond last year, what i did was, jet walls down, sbr walls, make good the walls, scratch coat,top coat and then i painted the entire walls with KA tanking slurry with the grey dye in, every visitor now belives the walls have been made out of lead!!

i restored a pre 1920s pond last year, what i did was, jet walls down, sbr walls, make good the walls, scratch coat,top coat and then i painted the entire walls with KA tanking slurry with the grey dye in, every visitor now belives the walls have been made out of lead!!

The old pikeys will be pi$$ed of trying to nick that:crying:

Just be carful as sand and cement will kill the fish as I found out when I did my pond in 1985 And still getting grief to this day!!!

heres one i did last year, stripped old render off, applied S&C render to walls then apply KA Tanking slurry with black dye in which has worked a treat makes the walls looking like they are made of lead, lush finish!!

Attachments

• Rendering a fish pond
    CEbzipxW0AAo-Ee.jpg
    129.9 KB · Views: 587