Render types

Members online

Hgff

Hi all, I am looking into getting rendering done one section of the house as the brick work and pointing keep failing ( 45 year old house) at the moment its brick surface. I had a Renderer had look saying use cement and sand render rather than silicone base. Please can you explain the difference between each render system and should I be using silicon based render? Thank you

Attachments

• ba806291-e6ae-4a9b-b7a5-5015d285bdab.jpeg
    ba806291-e6ae-4a9b-b7a5-5015d285bdab.jpeg
    620.4 KB · Views: 31
Hi all, I am looking into getting rendering done one section of the house as the brick work and pointing keep failing ( 45 year old house) at the moment its brick surface. I had a Renderer had look saying use cement and sand render rather than silicone base. Please can you explain the difference between each render system and should I be using silicon based render? Thank you
Looks nice mate ! Why do you want to render it ?

He probably can't do silicone is my guess sand and cement is old hat nowadays, silicone is just about the strongest most weather resistant render you could have done and you can choose a colour so don't have to paint it ever