Render mesh in Bonding

Members online

Dr.B

I’ve got a wall to over plaster and make flat.
It’s currently sand and cement and all over the shop. It has some crazing but it is solid absolutely rock hard.
I’m thinking I might rendergrip it and pull it out plumb and flat with bonding with the mesh in it and then skim it to finish.
Anyone have any opinions on this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tricky I never used it in bonding was thinking it might be a ball ache to bed in and float with bonding
I’d just strip wall and start again tbh

You can either bed it on the bonding while still wet trowel it in. Or what vincey said take it back and start again that’s what I would do.

Tricky I never used it in bonding was thinking it might be a ball ache to bed in and float with bonding
I’d just strip wall and start again tbh

It will be a ball ache to hack it off it’s a limestone-duff render and the chisel is bouncing off!

The walls on this place are sound it is where the sparks have butchered the wiring in that makes it sketchy :D

It will be a ball ache to hack it off it’s a limestone-duff render and the chisel is bouncing off!

If the wall is that solid, why mesh?
If you're not sure of surface then use a primer, just dub it out with your favourite base coat and skim.

You could bed a fibreglass rendermesh in after dubbing out or mechanically fix a metal mesh/lath before you start but it sounds a bit overkill (but I haven't seen the wall).

I use fibres from Wickes £3.99 a bag made by Sika just wack the whole bag in water whisk for 30 seconds and mix your bonding.