Render machine

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.
very good machines larry, just need to make sure whoever is on the machine is on the ball making sure every mix is perfect, have worked with them before doing renders and the mix quality was superb

Just brought a putzmeister sp11 LMR and awaiting delivery. Any 1 own 1 and what's your opinion.
there is a guy on here that had one of those big boys ,may be able to help you out , should come along shortly ,think he sold his and got a G4 , hope it all goes well mate :RpS_thumbup:

19000 mate, is really pricey but it is the best machine on the market

ive got one of em, and a utiform v2

is that 19000 plus vat?
I hoped you haggled on it, theres some good offers on the diesel machines at present, utiforms are at around 17,000 plus vat at the moment, but I guess that's cos there Spanish owned and there on there arse, I give 22,000 with the vat 2 years ago for it, and 14,000 for the second hand sp11 with few hours on it. the biggest bug bear is rotors and stators are an arm and a leg to buy.
and as said you need to make sure your bagger is up to speed with loading the machine as the volume goes through that quick 7 bags of monorex at a time.
for ease of use of use I prefer the utiform to be honest, but there both fairly similar, but boy have they got some power.
happy rendering.

Last edited:
Owls, I recall you mentioning you do domestic work too, do you have a electric machine for smaller stuff? Or can them big diesels keep things clean and practical?

ill confess there a bugger on smaller jobs, and simply not practical, but if you've got areas to go at in mono on site, they blow the electric ones away for me.
I do use electric ones but I get them on loan for nothing as im involved with a well know render manufacturer training centre and from a building company that im a render advisor, that also has one that I use, so I have the best of both worlds I guess. and to spray acrylics, which diesels also wont do.

lots of good plasterers swear by the big diesel machine but for me it seems overkill and old technology ive had 3 over the years which got used for one job each and stayed in a garage ( just in case) i was a machine junkey and thought i had to have it
you are reliant on a bag man which usually means bigger money for a labourer
you dont pump faster than 25 litres so the output the same
we usually use 15 mts pipe with machine close to the area whereas a diesel stays put and more pipe is added which means you are further away from the man bagging
rotors and stators are cheaper for electric machines
storing big machines is a hassle
they cost 3 times the price but do the same amount of work daily as any other machine

they are restricted to to certain applications like monocouche or base coating etc not ewi and are only used on sites and newbuilds sites sites. 15 k plus is big investment to have sitting in a space in the yard your paying for.

lots of good plasterers swear by the big diesel machine but for me it seems overkill and old technology ive had 3 over the years which got used for one job each and stayed in a garage ( just in case) i was a machine junkey and thought i had to have it
we usually use 15 mts pipe with machine close to the area whereas a diesel stays put and more pipe is added which means you are further away from the man bagging
they cost 3 times the price but do the same amount of work daily as any other machine

they are restricted to to certain applications like monocouche or base coating etc not ewi and are only used on sites and newbuilds sites sites. 15 k plus is big investment to have sitting in a space in the yard your paying for.
That should make him happy as he has just spent 19k :RpS_unsure: ,but you guys know your game :RpS_thumbup:

I prefer the ritmo L maaan if i'm doing a 60 mtr gable i may be a bit slower but the work still gets done. If i had house after house to do of mono i would use my g5 because its a bit quicker to spray on but on saying that i would probably take on another plasterer aswell if i had that much mono. I do ok with me and 2 apprentices and a ritmo in the back of a transporter.

I take some of your points,
depends what work your carrying, and the financial outlay is relevant to what's coming in. In my case I spent 22 on the utiform in 2011 but turned over, nearly 200 grand on mono work so it paid for itself in one year alone, so stands me at nothing now, so if it sat in my unit and never got used again i aint fussed. It's only the same as buying a van as a tool of your trade, if it pays for itself and use it every day, the cost implication isn't your major thought, it's if it is fit for purpose and reliability etc.
We also use it for sand cement screeds which an electric machine can't do.

but on a larger overall point, if your putting any kind of render on a machine is where it is at.

would a 5 k g4 not turn out the same work with the same set of guys? do you pay the guy mixing much money?

interesting about sand cement. what does that work like. do you mean u mix ur own self leveller or r u talking semi dry

Most people only need 1 machine. If its you and a lab then the ritmo is all you need. Ok it's a bit slower than a g4 but if it ain't stopping from one side of a lift to another it's quick enough. If you've a guy behind ruling then it's only on wide open pine ends that a little more speed might be better. On most sprays though with awkward windows, lead details, reveals etc the sprayer still pulls away from the plasterer. Add on the versatility with ewi base coats, topcoats and spraying lankolatex prep coats on hacking off etc it's a no brainier.
Job I'm on at the minute is a full house fine down on hacked off old brickwork and new block work. No different to any job a traditional gang would do. There's just me and the lab. We're gonna spray OCR mixed with lankolatex on the hacked off areas and fully mesh. Stress patches on the blockwork. Then it's 1 coat sprayed to finished thickness. No scratch coat on blockwork. No extra plasterer just 1 &1. Works for me. Low overheads...high output.

Thinking of the thousands of meters I have put on by hand, internal and external sand cement ,hardwall etc, feel like a dinosaur now reading all this.

Definitely the way to go for savvy spreads who have twenty yrs left in the game or ten even
To be honest John ,that,s why i went down this road ,i,m 46 have the normal pains that we all have ,but hopefully not get to the position your in

To be honest John ,that,s why i went down this road ,i,m 46 have the normal pains that we all have ,but hopefully not get to the position your in
Not likely, I was very unlucky with the osteoarthritis , its not common to be this bad so early but only an idiot would put himself through hardship unnecessarily, machine is the way to go, brain over brawn, if I can plan right I will go down to four days a week.but people drag you left right and centre on jobs,

Not likely, I was very unlucky with the osteoarthritis , its not common to be this bad so early but only an idiot would put himself through hardship unnecessarily, machine is the way to go, brain over brawn, if I can plan right I will go down to four days a week.but people drag you left right and centre on jobs,
Never thought of site management ,use your knowledge not your body ?

Never thought of site management ,use your knowledge not your body ?
Trying to get back into buying and selling property, got one for,sale at the minute, takes a long time to sell, get the funds, find another , get the plans,permissions etc so I fill in with plastering, interesting to,see how a total knee replacement will help me, but the other one is also bad, I might be a new john in a few yrs time..

your gonna be like triggers broom asif!

have to say tho mate, a new knee should be a decent signal it might be time to call it a day

when u think about, if u bought a brand new g4/ritmo and genny every 10 yrs, its less than 1k a yr. less than 20 a week, less than 4 a working day

how much would you pay someone a day to mix and put the gear on the wall for you so you could just rule and finish it?

Status
Not open for further replies.