render beads (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.

christ

Private Member
right i had a go at attaching some beads to the wall in the car park earlier...... and what a pain in the arse. here are some photos....... just curious if i have done i right. cheers

if any1 has any tips for me..... they would be much apprectiated.

render beads (again)

render beads (again)

its nice blockwork ;) ;) ;). why dont you just put a timber up the edge may be easier for you and i wouldnt be overly worried about the depth it doesnt have to be mm perfect

Looks alright to me looks like the joints are hard to get a fix in that will not help you sometimes you have to drill and plug the drip beads and somtimes its easier to stick the angle beads in the scratch coat all substrates are different and you have to adapted your bead fixing to make life less hardwork , but its good to learn nailing them also

so i nail a straight bit of wood to the wall render up to it..... then when i render the other side of the wall i get some one to hold the wood ... sounds like more hassel.

That's ok mate , like church said if the joints are a bit hard drill and plug withred plugs and knock yer clouts into the plug saves gettin the screwdriver out

You seem to have got it Sky, I like to nail my beads and find it handy to have some masonry nails with washers on (mickey pins) for fixing to the type of wall you've fixed the beads to. I would still fix the beads to allow for a thicker render personally.

if you need to stick them up use dab adhesive and w/proofer in both coats ;D...........fitting bellcasts is a two man job really try and ask for a hand if poss mate

church said:
Looks alright to me looks like the joints are hard to get a fix in that will not help you sometimes you have to drill and plug the drip beads and somtimes its easier to stick the angle beads in the scratch coat all substrates are different and you have to adapted your bead fixing to make life less hardwork , but its good to learn nailing them also

yeah id probably screw them to the wall.... if i was gona render. do i just use zinc plated screws and do i use washers aswell.

also im not gona render the wall.... i did it, just to get a bit of practise.

spunky said:
if you need to stick them up use dab adhesive and w/proofer in both coats ;D...........fitting bellcasts is a two man job really try and ask for a hand if poss mate

dab adhesive..... what dri wall adhesive. why waterproofer in both coats. cheers

bod uses multi finish ;)..............the w/proofer is supposed to keep moisture away from the d/adhesive.........its a pikeys trick mate but more and more people are doing it .......use sand cement instaed mate ;)

bodplasterer said:
I have worked on a job where some one used gaffa tape and i have also seen some one put up beads with multi.
could you not stick em on with expanding foam? what do you think? :D :D

Status
Not open for further replies.