Removing boards whilst maintaining coving

jordanelmhirst

All right lads, I’ve only been plastering for about four or five months. Been doing a few jobs on the weekends like.
Customer had repaired a leak and needed a board replacing on kitchen ceiling.
I took the board down, or more like I helped it fall down. Found some joists, but I’m unsure as to how to make the board meet the edge with original plaster coving. Should I try and rake out the old plasterboard that sits on top of the coving? That way I can slide an edge of the board over the coving

Hope I explained my situation in a way that is understandable

All right lads, I’ve only been plastering for about four or five months. Been doing a few jobs on the weekends like.
I took the board down, or more like I helped it fall down. Found some joists, but I’m unsure as to how to make the board meet the edge with original plaster coving. Should I try and rake out the old plasterboard that sits on top of the coving? That way I can slide an edge of the board over the coving

No idea what you mean

Get some pics up

You’ll be lucky to slide a board in tbh. You could multi tool out or get as much out as you can, put a chamfer on the board with your rasp so it goes in a bit joist side. Failing that you’ll just have to butt it up.

If your patching in don’t leave a big mound of scrim and fat where it meets the existing ceiling you rough chancer. :coffe:

Jurassic Park Dinosaur GIF by Vidiots