Refina Plaziflex Trowel

Members online

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've had a look at the pic on the website and this is the handle that the trowels should be supplied with.

which handle did you get on yours?

I have passed on the info about it being a too sharp to the boss too.

Hard to describe so I'll take a pic tomorrow and post it on here.

How does the plastic trowel cut down on the finish time, it may get the plaster flat sooner in the set but, the plaster itself still takes the same time to set whether using steel or plastic. . . .??

You know when you want to cross trowel a wall and you can't because it'll drag you can with a plastic

How does the plastic trowel cut down on the finish time, it may get the plaster flat sooner in the set but, the plaster itself still takes the same time to set whether using steel or plastic. . . .??

Surely you don't wait until the plaster has actually set before you regard a hit finished do you?

No, but whether I was troweling it up with a steel trowel or a piece of plywood it wouldn't alter the fact that the plaster is still soft, surely if it's not ready for a wipe over it's not ready . .

They have their uses. My wrists are fu.cked and I find final dry trowelling with metal a bit painful at times so I like mine.

just thought i would post a little information from the designers and makers of the plazzi trowel. He is a plasterer, so knows a little more about the advantages etc.

Although it is true that the plaster takes just as long to reach a final set whether using a steel trowel or a Plazzi trowel, the key point is how long does it take to produce a flat wall or ceiling using either option?

A second point, and just as important for professional plasterers, is how much energy does it require from the plasterer?

When doing ‘two coat’ work with our Plazzi trowels, the first coat can be applied with far fewer lines or trowel marks, therefore the second coat is much easier to flatten using less energy in the process.

In addition, because the Plazzi trowels have less drag on the plaster than steel trowels, the second coat can be applied earlier and flattened and compacted sooner, allowing work to progress much faster, particularly in cooler weather when the plaster takes longer to stiffen up.

Many plasterers prefer to use the longer blades for fattening the final coat, which decreases the job time even further.

In addition to the above, Plazzi trowels have many other advantages:-

• They are much safer when plastering over cables because they wont dig in or damage the cable, this is particularly important when screeding over underfloor heating elements.

• There are no razor sharp edges which can cut or injure.

• They can be used as pipe trowels by sliding the blade out of the shoe to reach behind obstacles.

• Having just the right degree of flexibility makes them ideal for plastering over old Artex.

• In renovation work, newly plastered surfaces can be more easily blended into old plaster or render; where a new ceiling meets an old wall for example.

• The foam cushioned versions are ideal for producing contoured or curved surfaces such as 'swooped ceilings' (a major advantage).

• Interchangeable blades give the plasterer a greater choice when considering the best way to tackle a particular job.

Apart from the above, we realise that the Plazzi trowel blades do have some drawbacks. Naturally, they are not as robust as steel trowels and need to be treated more carefully to avoid damage from heavy impacts or high temperatures. Despite this we have found that, for most plasterers, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages and as a result there are many thousands of Plazzi trowels now in use throughout the world

Hope this info helps more than I can!

Refina trust me I'm not deliberately going to try and pull you're post to pieces but
Starting from you're 2 coat paragraph

You cant lay on with them them the handle doesn't let you hold the trowel naturally

Haven't got a clue what you're talking about in the next paragraph it's never been a issue laying a second coat on without a plastic trowel because the first trowel dragged it around a bit

On the final trowel you should use a trowel as small as possible to get as much pressure on the wall as poss

I'd get rid of the digging into wires bit FFs lol

And the next one were not children

You need to trowel a wall or ceiling with something rigid too much flex and you're wall will look like it's built out of stone

If you're patching into existing work the blade will more than likely get scratched and ruin you're finish and the trowel

The blades break when you change them because you have to put so much pressure on when you change them

Apart from that there alright

the reviews are from various different customers that have commented through emailed.

with plastering, the techniques are so varied and mix opinions on new tools and techniques etc. its hard to keep everyone happy

your far to expensive.

just thought i would post a little information from the designers and makers of the plazzi trowel. He is a plasterer, so knows a little more about the advantages etc.

Although it is true that the plaster takes just as long to reach a final set whether using a steel trowel or a Plazzi trowel, the key point is how long does it take to produce a flat wall or ceiling using either option?

A second point, and just as important for professional plasterers, is how much energy does it require from the plasterer?

When doing ‘two coat’ work with our Plazzi trowels, the first coat can be applied with far fewer lines or trowel marks, therefore the second coat is much easier to flatten using less energy in the process.

In addition, because the Plazzi trowels have less drag on the plaster than steel trowels, the second coat can be applied earlier and flattened and compacted sooner, allowing work to progress much faster, particularly in cooler weather when the plaster takes longer to stiffen up.

Many plasterers prefer to use the longer blades for fattening the final coat, which decreases the job time even further.

In addition to the above, Plazzi trowels have many other advantages:-

• They are much safer when plastering over cables because they wont dig in or damage the cable, this is particularly important when screeding over underfloor heating elements.

• There are no razor sharp edges which can cut or injure.

• They can be used as pipe trowels by sliding the blade out of the shoe to reach behind obstacles.

• Having just the right degree of flexibility makes them ideal for plastering over old Artex.

• In renovation work, newly plastered surfaces can be more easily blended into old plaster or render; where a new ceiling meets an old wall for example.

• The foam cushioned versions are ideal for producing contoured or curved surfaces such as 'swooped ceilings' (a major advantage).

• Interchangeable blades give the plasterer a greater choice when considering the best way to tackle a particular job.

Apart from the above, we realise that the Plazzi trowel blades do have some drawbacks. Naturally, they are not as robust as steel trowels and need to be treated more carefully to avoid damage from heavy impacts or high temperatures. Despite this we have found that, for most plasterers, the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages and as a result there are many thousands of Plazzi trowels now in use throughout the world

Hope this info helps more than I can!

what a load of b*ll***s refina ,you cant bullshit a bullshitter

yeah, to be fair, mr plazzi trowel is more r******d than tr ow hawk jim, and on a borderline with mr speedyskim for knowing **** all about the tool theyve just made and then trying to tell people that know what theyre talking about how great it is and bullshit a load of rubbish that obviously isnt true and is mostly irrelevent.

and calling it a plazzi is just G**

yeah, to be fair, mr plazzi trowel is more r******d than tr ow hawk jim, and on a borderline with mr speedyskim for knowing **** all about the tool theyve just made and then trying to tell people that know what theyre talking about how great it is and bullshit a load of rubbish that obviously isnt true and is mostly irrelevent.

and calling it a plazzi is just G**
oi nickelarse all of your post av got G** orientations in em ,av u come out yet.

only had my plazzi trowel 4 weeks after buying one to try ,jst droped it from knee hight and its broke in my view there jst a waste of money if they can't handle a slight knock

Refina trust me I'm not deliberately going to try and pull you're post to pieces but
Starting from you're 2 coat paragraph

You cant lay on with them them the handle doesn't let you hold the trowel naturally

Haven't got a clue what you're talking about in the next paragraph it's never been a issue laying a second coat on without a plastic trowel because the first trowel dragged it around a bit

On the final trowel you should use a trowel as small as possible to get as much pressure on the wall as poss

I'd get rid of the digging into wires bit FFs lol

And the next one were not children

You need to trowel a wall or ceiling with something rigid too much flex and you're wall will look like it's built out of stone

If you're patching into existing work the blade will more than likely get scratched and ruin you're finish and the trowel

The blades break when you change them because you have to put so much pressure on when you change them

Apart from that there alright

Cheers Spunky, appreciated. That was all information from the guy who invented the trowel, i try to learn as much about the products as possible to give you information but at the end of the day, you guys all know best.

Well I actually like them. Don't get me wrong they're no wonder product but in certain circumstances they're really good.
They are high maintenance because they damage so easily but I wouldn't want to be without one now.
I've come to this conclusion fairly recently and now think I understand the times to use them. By the way I would never ever either put on or lay in with one.

what a load of b*ll***s refina ,you cant bullshit a bullshitter

This was written by the inventor of the trowel, obviously not all the advantages will work for each individual plasterer, its more an overview of what the trowel can do in his opinion.

I appreciate you dont believe in the product, hopefully we will be able to help you in other areas.

Cheers

Well I actually like them. Don't get me wrong they're no wonder product but in certain circumstances they're really good.
They are high maintenance because they damage so easily but I wouldn't want to be without one now.
I've come to this conclusion fairly recently and now think I understand the times to use them. By the way I would never ever either put on or lay in with one.

i thought you were normal andy......

i have a plastic trowel 20 inch
every time i used it it puts tiger stripes on the wall. why????????????:RpS_mad:

I love my plastic trowel too. Its alot easier to trowel up with which in turn saves my wrist so I can beat off more when I get home. If you want any more of my informative reviews refina then I'm willing to help

Status
Not open for further replies.