questions about cement plastering and bathroom

Members online

No members online now.
Hey all! I'm new to plastering. I'm renovating some large property by myself and learning a lot of plumbing, some minor electricity, woodworking, metalworking, glasswork ext. It's going great as I'm putting 24h a day researching how to and working :) I'm getting really better at plastering, doing very nice corners ext. I come for the field of art and it really just feels like sculpting a wall. I used a skretch coat of builder sand+cement on bricks and marble sand-cement-lime mixture for top layer because that seems to be what they use here in Greece + some waterproofing additives on the shower walls.
I really like the look of the cement itself and wondered if i can make the whole bathroom and walking shower out of it. I keep only find information about microcement or other thin applications which are extremely smooth but I want it to have a more rough brutalist look. could I do it just by using a penetrative sealer or are there other considerations?

Hey all! I'm new to plastering. I'm renovating some large property by myself and learning a lot of plumbing, some minor electricity, woodworking, metalworking, glasswork ext. It's going great as I'm putting 24h a day researching how to and working :) I'm getting really better at plastering, doing very nice corners ext. I come for the field of art and it really just feels like sculpting a wall. I used a skretch coat of builder sand+cement on bricks and marble sand-cement-lime mixture for top layer because that seems to be what they use here in Greece + some waterproofing additives on the shower walls.
I really like the look of the cement itself and wondered if i can make the whole bathroom and walking shower out of it. I keep only find information about microcement or other thin applications which are extremely smooth but I want it to have a more rough brutalist look. could I do it just by using a penetrative sealer or are there other considerations?
@ChrispyUK is your man, read the crispy house diaries and you’ll get all the information you need. Just make sure you do the complete opposite to what he’s done and I guarantee you won’t fcuk things up

Thanks. Anyone else? Would be nice to get some actual helpful answers. If there's some fondemental thing I miss you can point it out and point me to the right direction. I'm clearly a beginer but I'd be happy to learn.

Artex it.