Pva

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KRISW1888

Does anybody still use Pva anymore? Lol! Ive got 3 ceilings to skim over this week, 2 artex and 1 emulsion paint but am goin to buy a tub of blue grit to give it a try, see what all the fuss is

Does anybody still use Pva anymore? Lol! Ive got 3 ceilings to skim over this week, 2 artex and 1 emulsion paint but am goin to buy a tub of blue grit to give it a try, see what all the fuss is

I've used pva for 25years with no major problems, blue grit is great as long as you can start each job, the day before start the job.

Aye u will still use pva on smaller jobs , at the same time if u can get there the day before knocks a canny bit time off the plastering day

Was startin to think a was the only **** that still uses it lol. Keep seein so much about the blue grit, wba, bond it etc. I normally use Pva but got a gd we job on thats only 5 mins from the house. Goin to blue grit it night before and get into it next mornin see what its like

yes mate. All I ever use tenner a tub can buy from everywhere goes for miles can go straight on after 5 mins when wet or likewise can go on a week later when dry.

I just don't get all the fuss seems like everyones trying to fix summet that's not broke!

And before anyone says owt about fookin gloss paints let me say it 1 more time............................

***you only get about 5 jobs ayr on gloss and just put it on almost neat let dry and just let your 1st coat realy, realy go before toppin with a fresh 2nd!!!!************

I.T.S N.O.T D.I.F.F.I.C.U.L.T!!!!!!!.............aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

anyway "UNIFINISH edition 23" will see the end of this these threads by yr 2020ish ok maybe 2030....maybesssss ?????:RpS_crying:

yes mate. All I ever use tenner a tub can buy from everywhere goes for miles can go straight on after 5 mins when wet or likewise can go on a week later when dry.

I just don't get all the fuss seems like everyones trying to fix summet that's not broke!

And before anyone says owt about fookin gloss paints let me say it 1 more time............................

***you only get about 5 jobs ayr on gloss and just put it on almost neat let dry and just let your 1st coat realy, realy go before toppin with a fresh 2nd!!!!************

I.T.S N.O.T D.I.F.F.I.C.U.L.T!!!!!!!.............aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

get yourself a leaf blower for them glossy walls :RpS_thumbup:

If a dnt try this blue grit ill never know a suppose . A personally dnt mind PVA as never had any major problems, even on paint or artex. Cheap, easily mixed up and easy to apply.

:RpS_lol::RpS_lol::RpS_thumbsup:

Yes but grit is better for gloss paint also it doesn't loosen the glue from paper residueim told..

or he could have just took the old tiles off and done the job properly john!!! wtf:RpS_crying:
Tiles are off, it was a couple of half height walls with crazing cracks and the client is fussy so they were scared to fill and paint, I aim to skim mesh and second coat..

Tiles are off, it was a couple of half height walls with crazing cracks and the client is fussy so they were scared to fill and paint, I aim to skim mesh and second coat..

ahhhhh I see thought you ment you were plastering over the tiles like john :RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing::RpS_thumbup:

I still use PVA for most things but I will use plasprime for scabby old paintwork, surfaces with glue residue etc. I wouldn't use that or blue grit on everything because you should really put it on a day before. Well in winter maybe. Seems like overkill for no reason

I still use PVA for most things but I will use plasprime for scabby old paintwork, surfaces with glue residue etc. I wouldn't use that or blue grit on everything because you should really put it on a day before. Well in winter maybe. Seems like overkill for no reason

If your happy with PvA then just stick to that then. :)

ahhhhh I see thought you ment you were plastering over the tiles like john :RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing::RpS_blushing::RpS_thumbup:

Ive pva'd and skimmed tiles :RpS_scared:

Working in Baker st years ago in NCR (cash registers) offices. Lift shaft was tiled and was detailed in the middle with black tiles spelling N C R.
Someone else had bought the building (or maybe bought NCR) and the builder asked me for a price to hack off all the tiles and plaster. Got the job.
Went in the w/end and skimmed straight over without hacking off, jobs a good 'un :RpS_thumbsup:

Went back following Monday, main contractor fuming, you could see the NCR tiles where the plaster dried out differently :RpS_cursing:

Ive pva'd and skimmed tiles :RpS_scared:

Working in Baker st years ago in NCR (cash registers) offices. Lift shaft was tiled and was detailed in the middle with black tiles spelling N C R.
Someone else had bought the building (or maybe bought NCR) and the builder asked me for a price to hack off all the tiles and plaster. Got the job.
Went in the w/end and skimmed straight over without hacking off, jobs a good 'un :RpS_thumbsup:

Went back following Monday, main contractor fuming, you could see the NCR tiles where the plaster dried out differently :RpS_cursing:

:RpS_lol:

Yep, must have been 15 yrs ago and still do a bit for same builder. He's kept an eye on me ever since :RpS_biggrin:

We used to over board or patch and over skim ceilings when wed been ordered to rip em down and re board on the old insurance work. Had to do a small bathroom ceiling once. Stripped the wall paper off it and it was absolutely perfect. As if itd been skimmed that morning. Just cleaned up and ****** off. Got paid for it still lol

Status
Not open for further replies.