Price on meterage

Members online

@Stevieo'sdog I have a sneaky suspicion that you are stevieo, so shut up.
tenor (1) (1).gif

Mate only a few on this forum have a clue about running a business...@cockney @Danny @Casper

If you are charging £220 think of all your overheads and expenses and all the time you spend on your business other than actually plastering. You might as well work at Macdonalds because I can guarantee if you sat down and worked it out the difference per hour would not be far off.

The biggest issue with our industry is underpricing.

£220 is peanuts wherever you are in the country. How the f**k would you even support a family and get a mortgage if you were sole bread winner up north?

If you are sh*t and your job and can only skim ok fair enough...

But realistically if you are running a business and not a charity your should be earning between £300 and £500 a day.

Mate only a few on this forum have a clue about running a business...@cockney @Danny @Casper

If you are charging £220 think of all your overheads and expenses and all the time you spend on your business other than actually plastering. You might as well work at Macdonalds because I can guarantee if you sat down and worked it out the difference per hour would not be far off.

£220 is peanuts wherever you are in the country. How the f**k would you even support a family and get a mortgage if you were sole bread winner up north?

But realistically if you are running a business and not a charity your should be earning between £300 and £500 a day.
I charge £ 300 a day and tell that to my customers, there always ok with that.
I price my work at £ 350 a day and I'm busy as f**k. You need to charge what you think your worth not what you think they can afford.
That's it . :)

Unless there's a custom transit on the drive.

Most important thing to learn about pricing is people don't buy things based on price. Look at all those kids that spend £100 on a Hugo Boss T-Shirt. If you offer the service, the quality and niche products it doesn't matter about the cost.

There has been alot of extras on my current job and I spent time talking through everything with the customer...hours (all charged for) the quality is there the service is there...

I was a little concerned as they are not the type that look like they have the money...so I dropped a few liners about them getting value for money and concerns about the additional time/cost it would take

Friday they said to me. We have the money. Didn't ask me how much it was going to be...how many days etc. They will just pay the invoice when hey receive it.

If you are rendering with machines/unit/several vans on the road...all the overheads and downtime f**k me you need to be on £1k per day.

I'm not a business I'm a sub contract pladterer . Now there's 1000s of people up north who's joint wages don't exceed £1200 a week lots of my friends don't. We've all git houses and mortgages. Fuk me our local pub you can buy a pint for £2.50 it's the north a terrace house in Salford is £80 to £100k

Well you go on price work here in Manchester and see if you ca make £300 a day because I've not met many who can . Your a business I'm not I just subbie 4 n half days per week get my wages and fuk off home. I'm happy with that

I'm not a business I'm a sub contract pladterer . Now there's 1000s of people up north who's joint wages don't exceed £1200 a week lots of my friends don't. We've all git houses and mortgages. Fuk me our local pub you can buy a pint for £2.50 it's the north a terrace house in Salford is £80 to £100k
Where freed lives the homeless are vat registered and need 5k a week to live!

Last edited:
What niche products are there in plastering lol alright love I got this niche product it’s bonding60 does what it says on the pack sets in 60 mins so I can be out of your s**t hole lounge faster and still charge you the same how does that sound to you mrs jones f**k**g marvellous isn’t it and not just that I’ve got a sachet of halftime so it cuts the finishing coat setting time by half how about that mrs jones I’m gunna finish your whole lounge in 2hrs also if you want any rendering doing we got a niche product called Weber one coat and guess what I can do it in one coat all over your house if it makes sense it makes money isn’t that right need jones lol wtf

What niche products are there in plastering lol alright love I got this niche product it’s bonding60 does what it says on the pack sets in 60 mins so I can be out of your s**t hole lounge faster and still charge you the same how does that sound to you mrs jones f**k**g marvellous isn’t it and not just that I’ve got a sachet of halftime so it cuts the finishing coat setting time by half how about that mrs jones I’m gunna finish your whole lounge in 2hrs also if you want any rendering doing we got a niche product called Weber one coat and guess what I can do it in one coat all over your house if it makes sense it makes money isn’t that right need jones lol wtf
There's no niche products it's just plain old plaster same as we all fookin use ha ha

Please get of freeds back, it was a simple misspelling.
He clearly meant products from Narnia not niche.

Well you go on price work here in Manchester and see if you ca make £300 a day because I've not met many who can . Your a business I'm not I just subbie 4 n half days per week get my wages and fuk off home. I'm happy with that

If it's just turn up n skim then fair enough but even on site alot of subbies are exploited...skimming massive plots punishing their bodies f**ked by 40 while the developer make massive profits look a Persimmon. Problem is you haven't got much weight to negotiate on site work the rates are the rates take it or leave it.

If it's just turn up n skim then fair enough but even on site alot of subbies are exploited...skimming massive plots punishing their bodies f**ked by 40 while the developer make massive profits look a Persimmon. Problem is you haven't got much weight to negotiate on site work the rates are the rates take it or leave it.
There's no negotiation no the rates are rates. But it's aggro free and I'm used to it after being on site all my life. As long as I can pay my way I couldn't give a fook . Health's far more Important that any £££ full stop