premium nela supaflex 18"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't get me wrong, I wasn't going to go near SF because I thought it was a gimmick and other people have said the handles fell off BUT I had one handed to me to use and I bloody want one.....NOW!!

I'm just a bit edgy over the handle coming off. It's quite common for companies to boost confidence in a product by topping up the warranty/guarantee. HOWEVER are you suggesting that a MAJORITY of failures were caused by people not taking care of their tools?
I am ,there was certain amount of fault with the initial trowel re the glue but some used them for banging it on,it's for flattening in later stages ,

We arent boosting anyones confidence etc. There was a very small issue with the blade separating. Which thankfully has now been sorted to my relief ;-)

To be honest, the % of this is very low. The power of social media does make the situation seem a lot worse than what it is. As you will all know, 1 bad review can overshadow 1000 good reviews. \

As a company we want the best products and so does NELA, this is why we have actively re-designed the product and improved it.

Unfortunately, as we have admitted there was a small issue, we won't hide from it but are actively acting on it and have made the necessary improvements. On the same hand we have had the unfortunate incident where people have dropped their trowel and heard of the fault and have attempted to damage theirs and posted it on social media etc thinking we will replace instantly.

This is why we need all trowels returned to us before we send a replacement out. We can tell if this has been done and we can tell if that trowel has the fault or been forced. It would be lovely if we didn't have to do this as it costs us. But everyone will understand, we are running a business also and its a shame when this does happen

We arent boosting anyones confidence etc. There was a very small issue with the blade separating. Which thankfully has now been sorted to my relief ;-)

To be honest, the % of this is very low. The power of social media does make the situation seem a lot worse than what it is. As you will all know, 1 bad review can overshadow 1000 good reviews. \

As a company we want the best products and so does NELA, this is why we have actively re-designed the product and improved it.

Unfortunately, as we have admitted there was a small issue, we won't hide from it but are actively acting on it and have made the necessary improvements. On the same hand we have had the unfortunate incident where people have dropped their trowel and heard of the fault and have attempted to damage theirs and posted it on social media etc thinking we will replace instantly.

This is why we need all trowels returned to us before we send a replacement out. We can tell if this has been done and we can tell if that trowel has the fault or been forced. It would be lovely if we didn't have to do this as it costs us.

Certainly doesn't do you any favours does it?! It costs you more than a trowel. I guess I'm the victim of social media as well.

Anyway, can I put a pre-order in?

You can get a bad trowel in any brand,I prefer buying what's in front of my eyes, saw plenty of Marshall towns that I didn't like (brand new ) and other brands , I have a nela premium just using it for sand and cement ,another spread used the toe to clear the board,makes me cry ,tools need minding, too many learn on site but are never thought right..respect what earns you money ..

@ scottie5 .....my legs feel like they will never recovery......there should be a saftey law ....no town houses for the over 30's..

You can get a bad trowel in any brand,I prefer buying what's in front of my eyes, saw plenty of Marshall towns that I didn't like (brand new ) and other brands , I have a nela premium just using it for sand and cement ,another spread used the toe to clear the board,makes me cry ,tools need minding, too many learn on site but are never thought right..respect what earns you money ..
I'm just curious how people got on with laying on with a SF? Obviously they're not meant for it, but just humour me. How did it go?

Status
Not open for further replies.