Poor quality plasterboard.

Members online

Olican

Private Member
A question for @BritishGypsum (have I spelt that right) several times over the past few months we've had your plasterboard and it's been very brittle and bendy. The board has a pink tinge to it . I've recorded the batch numbers and supplier details. It is a nightmare to overboard ceilings and dabbing it is tricky. It's like handling damp 9.5mm board. These photos don't do it justice. Anyone else had this problem?
ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1495997906.167348.jpg

ImageUploadedByThe Plasterers Forum1495997934.937731.jpg

Yes everytime, I've been asking my suppliers to send Knauf boards out along with Knauf adhesive as BG's won't mix properly.

Yes!! I Hate BG boards mate, and their drywall adhesive is even worse! Proper shite at the minute. Prefer gtec (siniat) stuff any day! Boards and adhesive.

Yes,I have posted a picture on here before, can't remember the thread, but the difference is like day and night. The blue board was pink inside and definitively recycled plaster. Not as hard as the other, very soft and cutting it is s**t.

Knauf boards and adhesive are awesome compared to BG..

So much so that I won't buy anything else...knaufs 9.5mm boards are twice as firm as BG 12.5mm

A question for @BritishGypsum (have I spelt that right) several times over the past few months we've had your plasterboard and it's been very brittle and bendy. The board has a pink tinge to it . I've recorded the batch numbers and supplier details. It is a nightmare to overboard ceilings and dabbing it is tricky. It's like handling damp 9.5mm board. These photos don't do it justice. Anyone else had this problem?
View attachment 18203

View attachment 18204
Stop moaning :rolleyes::whistle:

I've had these boards since well before Christmas they are horrible to get a nice sharp cut. They are so soft it's really easy to put the screws too far in

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

View attachment 18203

View attachment 18204

I changed the blade in my knife as I thought it might have been that :-\

View attachment 18203

View attachment 18204
I thought it was me and not cutting properly glad I ain't only one

It's not you, it's me :risas:
You alright Pagey? I thought you'd have a few weeks off
Mate phone ain't stopped doing evenings and weekends had 5 days off with the new born and then back at it got a week booked off beginning of July going Cornwall,yeah mate I been struggling of late to cut a board surf form every time I thought I know I'm rough but this is rougher than normal :sisi:

Mate phone ain't stopped doing evenings and weekends had 5 days off with the new born and then back at it got a week booked off beginning of July going Cornwall,yeah mate I been struggling of late to cut a board surf form every time I thought I know I'm rough but this is rougher than normal :sisi:
Glad to hear all is well (y)