Poor blockwork

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselpower

Job i'm just about to do and the blockwork is shockin, there is bands to go round the windows so i am gonna spray on base coat and mesh all dodgy bit's then put 10mm beads round windows to form bands. After all the bands are done then i will spray it with egrade. Bands are to be painted black with sills afterwards. Would anyone do it differently???

Thats how i would do it mate, as for you fannyman, one day this : I CAN DO IT BY HAND will bite you in the arse because someone will hold you to it. If we get a job near you i will be the first to offer you the chance. I think a nice 80m2 panel of mono.

lookin at those easybeads i wonder if you could put up plastic bell beads side by side and just form your own if you cant get hold of the easybeads

simplybesty said:
Thats how i would do it mate, as for you fannyman, one day this : I CAN DO IT BY HAND will bite you in the arse because someone will hold you to it. If we get a job near you i will be the first to offer you the chance. I think a nice 80m2 panel of mono.

Hahahaha knew that would reel you in :) Like ive said in the past simple the machines are ideal for render not skimming so if your ever in the area and youve got some skimming i challenge you to a race and the winner takes all thats the money for the job and my handboard and i take the money for the job and your machine how does that sound?

Any one want to buy a machine?

PS what machine is it again simple?

flynnyman said:
simplybesty said:

Hahahaha knew that would reel you in :) Like ive said in the past simple the machines are ideal for render not skimming so if your ever in the area and youve got some skimming i challenge you to a race and the winner takes all thats the money for the job and my handboard and i take the money for the job and your machine how does that sound?

Any one want to buy a machine?

i'll have it flynny, if the lab uses it for pva'ing he should be able to
keep in front of me ;)

McPlaster said:
Save yourself a load of time and use these, about a tenner a length but cheaper in the long run, they look good too, crisp and paralell and L&D stock them http://www.easibead.com/

I saw them mcplaster, they look good but the bands are 180mm wide i'm doing.

I see a lot of people doing the bands straight onto the block with twenty mm beads and then rendering the house but to me that's asking for trouble as there will be the chance of shrinkage round bands and water has a direct route through to the blockwork.

flynnyman said:
Yeh i would do it by hand much quicker. ;)
If you were doing it by hand is that the way you would do it?
No way could you do it quicker by hand. I've been doin it by hand for more than 15 years and about a year by machine, i know what i would rather do.. and it's not by hand.

Why don't you come and do half the house by hand and i'll do the other half by spraying?

dieselpower said:
flynnyman said:
No way could you do it quicker by hand. I've been doin it by hand for more than 15 years and about a year by machine, i know what i would rather do.. and it's not by hand.

Why don't you come and do half the house by hand and i'll do the other half by spraying?

i would prefer to do the lot but dont want to my name on your half ;)

happy :-*

flynnyman said:
dieselpower said:
flynnyman said:

i wopuld prefer to do the lot dont want to my name on your half ;)

good comeback ;D ;D ;D

irish_spread said:
flynnyman said:
dieselpower said:
flynnyman said:

i wopuld prefer to do the lot dont want to my name on your half ;)

good comeback ;D ;D ;D

Aye brilliant comeback, if it made any sense.. :-\

flynnyman said:
merlin said:
lol, you crack me up ,do you really think you can hand apply quicker? ::)

Skimmin Yes :)

Me versus you or anyone on a machine lets get it up on youtube :)

i cant really comment on skimming with machine as ive never done it , i thought this thread was about rendering, if you wanna race rendering fair play im up for it ::) ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.