Polystyrene block construction

Members online

No members online now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilPlaster

Private Member
Anyone worked on this type of house. Only saw it once on Grand design. I know its quite typical in sweden and germany. You build the house out of polystyrene building blocks with a cavity inbetween each block<(each block includes the cavity as one piece). You then pour concrete into the cavity constructing a solid wall and insulating in the same process.

DSC00664.jpg

IMG]http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/yy349/BruceWillisok/DSC00663.jpg[/IMG]

one of my lads worked for a firm in america where its more widespread its called ICF construction (insulated concrete forming) beko and polarwall people like this do it here in uk. I beleive the render firms are not convinced its good because of problems on jobs with render over it

I cant see it taking off over here you only really see in on self build eco types would like a bash at it tho

No I cant see it either. It was good to go inside though and look round. The top floor you see is in fact the first floor. Its built into a hill side so the first floor is in fact the basement rear! .They'd just cut the blocks with a saw to make fit to length and add corner pieces and returns.

Status
Not open for further replies.