Polished concrete floor

Members online

plas1

Thought I'd post a pic of a recent Microcement floor in a polished finish close to a natural polished concrete but only 4mm.Veru hard-wearing and completly seamless.Photos don't do it full justice.
PXL_20230528_090301877.jpg
PXL_20230528_090424817.jpg
PXL_20230528_090448974.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20230528_082459416.jpg
    PXL_20230528_082459416.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
looks like it needs a carpet
Not knocking your work but why would you want your floor to look like bare concrete?

Thought I'd post a pic of a recent Microcement floor in a polished finish close to a natural polished concrete but only 4mm.Veru hard-wearing and completly seamless.Photos don't do it full justice.View attachment 74873View attachment 74874View attachment 74875
Getting very popular in barrooms etc I’ve done loads of Venetian/tadelakt wouldn’t mind having a go on this, same process as polished plasters pretty much with some added sealers to waterproof it, nice job bud (y)

Getting very popular in barrooms etc I’ve done loads of Venetian/tadelakt wouldn’t mind having a go on this, same process as polished plasters pretty much with some added sealers to waterproof it, nice job bud (y)
Thanks mate.Yeah I do alot of bathrooms also.Quite a process for this effect as only one supplier sells and training is required.Standard Microcement looks good but most clients are now wanting a polished and this is the closest out there.

Nice job. I've got to concrete a garage floor next week trowel finish . It'll have garage floor paint on it after . It's a woman cave for her sewing gear n electric buggy n stuff. So be good enough without the polishing malarkey.

Polished concrete floors have been about for a few years now.
Reminds me of the grano floors that we laid in the 60s. We would sprinkle metal dust on the surface just before the final trowel so when the surface started to wear the metal dust would sparkle through the finished work.
Also from the 60s at Essex university, blown vermiculite ceilings with tiny pieces of broken glass in the mix. these ceiling would be lit to show off all the different colours on the ceiling.

Thanks mate.Yeah I do alot of bathrooms also.Quite a process for this effect as only one supplier sells and training is required.Standard Microcement looks good but most clients are now wanting a polished and this is the closest out there.
Im helping my mate have a go on his living room floor next month, any tips for prepping a few small hairline cracks in the screeded/concrete floor?

Im helping my mate have a go on his living room floor next month, any tips for prepping a few small hairline cracks in the screeded/concrete floor?
Hi James

Open the cracks up then stich every 100mm and then fill with epoxy mortar.I lay a coat of upol carbody filler over to finish smooth with screed.Make sure you grind floor first mate.What brand are you using?

Hi James

Open the cracks up then stich every 100mm and then fill with epoxy mortar.I lay a coat of upol carbody filler over to finish smooth with screed.Make sure you grind floor first mate.What brand are you using?
Thanks. Festfloor from Poland i think.