Plastering finish not amazing, what are my options?

Members online

I don't think you can compare electrician and plumbers prices with plasterers. We have a dark art very few can master. Anyone can be a plumber these days...plumbers push the pipes together and electricians plug in the heat pump. If you are running a business £300 - £400 a day really is not that much with all the overheads. Anyway back to your job just hire a Flex sander for the day and blitz it.
any fker can be a plasterer as well

I totally understand the need to pay someone a fair price but the ‘going rate’ for trades doesn’t always seem to correspond with levels of competence. One of the 5k guys was from checkatrade which I don’t trust as I understand they remove negative reviews. The other was a relative of my electrician who did a couple of days plasterboarding and I had to rip out the window reveals as they looked wonky to the naked eye. Doubt either of them would have been a better way to go than a personal recommend off someone with construction experience. As a woman I get a lot of piss take quotes from condescending tradies who assume I won’t know what I’m talking about so paying more doesn’t always avoid problems. But interesting if you’re all saying £625 is a fair day rate for a plasterer and mate - the electrician and plumber both said that was a crazy price but obviously they are in different trades.

It's a fair price if the job is high quality and long lasting and customer service is good. The sourness of a poor job done lingers a lot longer than the high price of a quality job.

The percentage of plasterers that I would say are good is pretty damn low. Same as plumbers, sparks and chippies, just it shows more to people when it's the spread.

Well it’s ok for us cus we’re time served.

Doing a job at mo to prep and plaster a kitchen and some patching in, in other rooms. House already replastered by someone else.

Client mentioned that as long as I can do it as good as the previous guys.

Nearly said no to get a reaction (as it’s s**t) but just smiled and nodded.

If most of those that priced the job at 5k+ who are you or I to say it's overpriced, we haven't been there, live in that area or know the going rate locally. Prices aren't and shouldn't be, the same nationally.
well quite right andy,

but no way could i charge those prices up here, 625.00 a day for a spread and a labourer just would not happen, but london prices again, be it buying a house , pint of beer, etc etc, just pleased i dont live down there,

well quite right andy,

but no way could i charge those prices up here, 625.00 a day for a spread and a labourer just would not happen, but london prices again, be it buying a house , pint of beer, etc etc, just pleased i dont live down there,

Most of us will be in debt when we die.

The percentage of plasterers that I would say are good is pretty damn low. Same as plumbers, sparks and chippies, just it shows more to people when it's the spread.

Then you have those that are good but have absolutely 0 customer service, communication or business acumen. It's very rare to find the full package.