Plasterboard delivered with cracks - should it be sent back?

Members online

Hi I'm me

Just had a pallet of plasterboard delivered.

Planning to put it on the ceiling myself, then have a pro skim it. Never bought plasterboard before though, so not sure if this is OK to use.

About half of the sheets look to be damaged. You can see what looks like splitting on the paper, and internal cracks on the gypsum.

What's your thoughts? Are these safe to use on a ceiling, with a decent amount of screws, or should they be sent back for replacements?

20230623_151847.jpg

Planning to put it on the ceiling myself, then have a pro skim it. Never bought plasterboard before though, so not sure if this is OK to use.

About half of the sheets look to be damaged. You can see what looks like splitting on the paper, and internal cracks on the gypsum.

What's your thoughts? Are these safe to use on a ceiling, with a decent amount of screws, or should they be sent back for replacements?

View attachment 74894

Outside often have a few cracks

He knows more you'll ever know, and he's developed a tick because of you.
One day you'll be taking a s**t behind a skip like you do.
Karma will see you flailing around in your own fecal matter.
Did you know rotter found out where @algeeman staying at the weekend and rang the hotel calling himself Stellanos, asked for Mr Algee, who will most likely be at the bar.

Then when he came to the phone, they shouted 'KNOB HEAD' And hung up.

Last edited:
Did you know rotter found out where @algeeman staying at the weekend and rang the hotel calling himself Stellanos, asked for Mr Algee, who will most likely be at the bar.

Then when he came to the phone, they shouted 'KNOB HEAD' And hung up.
Steven don't tell lies, you did that.

View attachment 74894
@John j ‘s old lady would have a field day with that lot! She’d get a new pallet sent out and £1000 compensation.

Put the cracked sheets to one side and insist they are replaced. No excuses for that, just carelessness. Ok you will always need part boards, and if they aren’t damaged on both edges, you can use a good metre of the board. Depends on how much wastage you allowed for.