Plaster repair on internal wall advice needed

Members online

No members online now.

messy

Hi
I need to patch up an internal wall where I have removed a built in stud wall cupboard.
The browning was cracked and fell away so I removed the rest as shown in the photos below.
I intend to wet the wall and use bonding coat to build up the thickness to just below the original plaster thickness on the left and then use multi finish to butt up against the plaster work on the left.
The original plaster to the left is not flat and the brick/block underneath is uneven.
Re skimming the entire wall is not really an option.
I'm I using the the correct materials and procedure?

wall1_zps30cty6cm.jpg

a>

Hi
I need to patch up an internal wall where I have removed a built in stud wall cupboard.
The browning was cracked and fell away so I removed the rest as shown in the photos below.
I intend to wet the wall and use bonding coat to build up the thickness to just below the original plaster thickness on the left and then use multi finish to butt up against the plaster work on the left.
The original plaster to the left is not flat and the brick/block underneath is uneven.
Re skimming the entire wall is not really an option.
I'm I using the the correct materials and procedure?

wall1_zps30cty6cm.jpg

a>
Yes, crack on

Yes you might as well use hardwall as long as that middle bit not painted, if it's painted grit it then float it out in bonding

Oh no I've already bought the bonding - I though I may have made a mistake, which was why I posted (maybe it could be exchanged for hard-wall - but that wasn't available then)
but would the bonding work anyway it's only a small area so long as it doesn't crack or fall off?

Oh no I've already bought the bonding - I though I may have made a mistake, which was why I posted (maybe it could be exchanged for hard-wall - but that wasn't available then)
but would the bonding work anyway it's only a small area so long as it doesn't crack or fall off?
You'll be fine