Plaster isn’t drying on chimney breasts

Members online

Gordy26

My knowledge isn’t the best so you’ll have to bear with me. I had my chimney breasts plastered 2 and half weeks ago and it looks like some patches aren’t drying, I’ve kept the heating on constant the last 4 days and some windows opened a little downstairs but doesn’t seem to be doing anything, il upload some pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_7800.jpeg
    IMG_7800.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7792.jpeg
    IMG_7792.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 38
Mmm, this is a bit of a guess, but how have you protected those wires from the heat in the brickwork? It looks like board/void and been done afterwards. It looks like the damp patch is from where the cable hole has been filled. Might have been ladling too wet plaster into a void like nobody'd business until it could be levelled off.
Heating won't make much difference, give it a bit more time. If it doesn't clear in say another 2 weeks, you might have to dig it out to find out.

My knowledge isn’t the best so you’ll have to bear with me. I had my chimney breasts plastered 2 and half weeks ago and it looks like some patches aren’t drying, I’ve kept the heating on constant the last 4 days and some windows opened a little downstairs but doesn’t seem to be doing anything, il upload some pictures.
Glasgow area?

Get a wood burner in there that’ll dry it out. Looks like water coming down chimney to me