• Overboard and skim

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • Just skim

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Irnbruman

Hi I have four ceiling that need replastering. I’ve had a few people round to price but there seems to be disagreement on what to do. Two want to overboard and skim and the other one said he could just scrap back and skim. Just skimming works out cheaper but seen that sometimes it doesn’t stick and can fall ? Thanks
IMG_0484.jpeg
IMG_0483.jpeg
IMG_0482.jpeg
IMG_0481.jpeg

Needs overboarding
Hi I have four ceiling that need replastering. I’ve had a few people round to price but there seems to be disagreement on what to do. Two want to overboard and skim and the other one said he could just scrap back and skim. Just skimming works out cheaper but seen that sometimes it doesn’t stick and can fall ? Thanks View attachment 76707View attachment 76708View attachment 76709dView attachment 76710
Don't scrimp on the job. It's a few quid more to overboard and then it's done right

Artex might contain asbestos?
I've scraped those back. Orbital sanded the distemper off. Applied gardz. Strengthen joints from above loft side.
Skimmed.
Lot's of labour involved in that vs boarding.

Hi I have four ceiling that need replastering. I’ve had a few people round to price but there seems to be disagreement on what to do. Two want to overboard and skim and the other one said he could just scrap back and skim. Just skimming works out cheaper but seen that sometimes it doesn’t stick and can fall ? Thanks View attachment 76707View attachment 76708View attachment 76709View attachment 76710

I don't think it's a disagreement 2 want to do a proper job and one wants to ride off into the sunset. Maybe the overskim plasterer sussed you out? pay less pay twice?

Hi I have four ceiling that need replastering. I’ve had a few people round to price but there seems to be disagreement on what to do. Two want to overboard and skim and the other one said he could just scrap back and skim. Just skimming works out cheaper but seen that sometimes it doesn’t stick and can fall ? Thanks View attachment 76707View attachment 76708View attachment 76709View attachment 76710
Go for the cheap option bud it’s only the final finish

It wasn't a case of wanting a cheap or expensive job. If I can get a quality finish for half the price then it makes sense. Yours be a fool to spend extra money for the same result.

I’ll go with overboarding seem like a fail safe option.

Cheers

Last edited:
You have to realise that old Spit is way onto the spectrum and doesn't always (never) see's the sarcasm or joke. Please be more sensitive to his disability in future. Many thanks in advance.
That's like when you go for the first time to a wee shithole of a place but have to ask a local for directions. Your then sent in completely the wrong direction because said local is so pissed off living there that they take it out on you ! That be the truth there, my friend :)